E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Google Home and Mercedes Me- Remote Start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e300
Angry Google Home and Mercedes Me- Remote Start

Is anyone else extremely frustrated with the Mercedes Me app? The stupid thing ONCE had the ability to remote start the car from Google Home but Mercedes Me has since deactivated the feature. Its extremely frustrating since the app takes FOREVER to open up. Furthermore, it sounds like some of the Mercedes owners overseas (outside the US) have the ability to change temperature in the car remotely, activate heater, etc etc. Such SIMPLE easy options that are not activated. Extremely disappointed. Anyone else know if the google home feature will be back? I tried emailing them
Old 01-24-2018, 11:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
W213
Originally Posted by Jon S
Is anyone else extremely frustrated with the Mercedes Me app? The stupid thing ONCE had the ability to remote start the car from Google Home but Mercedes Me has since deactivated the feature. Its extremely frustrating since the app takes FOREVER to open up. Furthermore, it sounds like some of the Mercedes owners overseas (outside the US) have the ability to change temperature in the car remotely, activate heater, etc etc. Such SIMPLE easy options that are not activated. Extremely disappointed. Anyone else know if the google home feature will be back? I tried emailing them
I don't have any of these options and my car is well spec'd (COMAND, dual screens, HUD etc), I only learned this after I took delivery that all this is disabled in ireland and the only thing I can do remotely is lock and unlock the doors and check tire pressure etc. I'm fuming. BMW have all this s*it enabled. I wouldn't give up my W213 for anything though, it's a masterpiece of a car, sh*ts all over the 5 series and A6 in every way imaginable.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
Think it's bad in the US! Canada will not activate Mercedes Me until 2019. Ridiculous!!!
Old 01-24-2018, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 771 Likes on 609 Posts
Mercedes me is pretty much useless in the US because of the time (>1 min) it takes to start and log in. Sometimes it asks for a pin and other times it wants an email address and a password.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:14 PM

Received 204 Likes on 154 Posts
2021 GLE350, 2021 E350 / Used to drive: 2019 E300, 2020 GLE350, 2019 E450 Wagon(s), 2017 E300 Sedan
Mercedes Me is a total POS. I can get Amazon Alexa to lock, but not unlock or remote start my E300 ((sometimes...))
Old 01-24-2018, 01:44 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
2018 GLC43
Originally Posted by Jon S
Complete POS. Mercedes sold this NEW E-Series touting all the advances in TECHNOLOGY. Mercedes Me and it's supposed features. Self parking, remote start, etc etc. Awesome LED headlamps that do not function in the US. Semi autonomous driving, so so. Hi Tech cockpit, a nav system behind the times. Google earth view from miles out that only covers major thoroughfares. Weak. Key remotes (fobs) that take a step back in functionality. No more his and her fobs for saved settings. CONNECTIVITY??? completely useless.

For all the bells and whistles at $80,000+ a very sad attempt to the "most technically advanced car" ever built. Only on their sales promos and videos. Sorry for the venting.
Old 01-24-2018, 03:08 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
2018 GLC43
Forgot to mentioned the NFC communications. Zero of which works in the US. Another great video sales pitch from MB
Old 01-25-2018, 08:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by W213Sal
I don't have any of these options and my car is well spec'd (COMAND, dual screens, HUD etc), I only learned this after I took delivery that all this is disabled in ireland and the only thing I can do remotely is lock and unlock the doors and check tire pressure etc. I'm fuming. BMW have all this s*it enabled. I wouldn't give up my W213 for anything though, it's a masterpiece of a car, sh*ts all over the 5 series and A6 in every way imaginable.
Is livetraffic working for you in Ireland?
Old 01-25-2018, 01:49 PM

Received 193 Likes on 133 Posts
2024 GLE 53 AMG Coupe

Mercedes took the remote start function away from Amazon Alexa and Google Home. Whenever I ask Alexa to start my car it says the feature is temporarily unavailable.

I wish they would bring this. back because I used Alexa to start my car all the time.

*Please ignore my messy desktop*