Gas Line Leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts
2017 E300
Gas Line Leak

I already am bringing the car in for service this week but just thought Id create a thread on this. I started noticing very feint gas smell inside the cabin coming from the air vents. I keep my fan on all the time (no ac). The smell is not continuous as sometimes the air smells clear, but as a few more days went on, the smell started getting stronger. At some points it was so bad it was causing me to gag. Opening up the hood didnt show any immediate signs of gas leaking until yesterday when I noticed it in the cabin, pulled over and opened the hood, and could smell it on the bottom, right hand side of the engine. Anyway, I have a laundry list of warranty items to look at as well, such as my navigation is all messed up and shows me in the middle of the ocean, and the squeaking brakes.
Old 02-25-2018, 05:32 PM

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe, 2016 Audi A6 3.0
Originally Posted by joshg1001
I already am bringing the car in for service this week but just thought Id create a thread on this. I started noticing very feint gas smell inside the cabin coming from the air vents. I keep my fan on all the time (no ac). The smell is not continuous as sometimes the air smells clear, but as a few more days went on, the smell started getting stronger. At some points it was so bad it was causing me to gag. Opening up the hood didnt show any immediate signs of gas leaking until yesterday when I noticed it in the cabin, pulled over and opened the hood, and could smell it on the bottom, right hand side of the engine. Anyway, I have a laundry list of warranty items to look at as well, such as my navigation is all messed up and shows me in the middle of the ocean, and the squeaking brakes.
Middle of the Ocean? Maybe the NAV is having a premonition of a quake and SF will be in the ocean. Hope not. Sorry you’re experiencing these things. So far, my wife’s E400 Coupe has 1300 miles in 3 months with no problems.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
99 E 300TD, 02 E320, 2013 ML350
There have been a few issues with the rubber lines leaking near the transmission tunnel or at the high pressure fuel pump. There is also an updated antenna available that usually will fix your nav issue. There will be a fault code for the nav antenna that the dealer can get with the SDS. Let me know if you have any other Q's before you go in for service