E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Sindelfingen production

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 04:37 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
Sindelfingen production

Does anyone know whether they build S class and E class simultaneously or if they build each separately swapping the lines for a period of time? I have an e class 220d 4matic estate on order. My c class was in the dealership this week for the airbag recall and i saw my salesman who indicated that my new e is not yet built and that they were not building any e class when he had last looked. My lease expires in mid june and he was unconcerned that it will be here on time. I live in france so we do not have to suffer the need for ship transfer halfway across the globe! But it would be interesting to know how the plant structures production.
My car is not being traded in ie kept by my garage but is being returned to mercedes so I am interested to know what may happen if the e is late. Will they let me keep my c until the new car arrives if so will they make a charge or will the garage have to provide a loaner which here in france will probably be an a class. This is my third new mercedes here in france so I am expecting a high level of service but it would be nice to know of others experience.
Old 03-31-2018, 05:41 PM

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
2019 E63s
My understanding is

here in Canada if lease they will extend the lease by a predetermined amount of months maximum to accommodate the new car. If I’m not mistaken it can go up to 3 months early or past.

Last edited by DriveAMG; 03-31-2018 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-02-2018, 05:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
220SE Coupe, ML250, E320
I was at the Sindelfingen plant last week and did a factory tour. We toured the S class plant and were told that e class was produced in another building. I saw only s class and s class Maybach in this line