E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Nav intersection warning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 E400 4MATIC Coupe
Nav intersection warning

I'm new to M-B with a 2018 E400 Coupe. The nav system only gives a 1/2 to 3/4 mile warning for the next route change. Every previous nav system I've used has kept me informed of the next route change and the distance to it (even if it's 100 miles).

For instance, traveling at highway speed on some interstate around Columbus, Ohio, the voice tells me to prepare to turn onto such-and-such highway toward somewhere via the left lane in one-half mile. Umh, the left lane has been stop-and-go, bumper-to-bumper for 2 miles! My settings have "Next Intersecting Street" turned on but I see no difference in the display regardless of its state.

What am I missing?
Old 06-13-2018, 09:03 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
'23 EQE 350 4MATIC
The name of the next intersecting street is listed on top of the nav screen.
Old 06-15-2018, 03:13 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Weekend: 2010 SL 350 r230 Weekdays: 2018 E220d Coupe
Originally Posted by broose
I'm new to M-B with a 2018 E400 Coupe. The nav system only gives a 1/2 to 3/4 mile warning for the next route change. Every previous nav system I've used has kept me informed of the next route change and the distance to it (even if it's 100 miles).

For instance, traveling at highway speed on some interstate around Columbus, Ohio, the voice tells me to prepare to turn onto such-and-such highway toward somewhere via the left lane in one-half mile. Umh, the left lane has been stop-and-go, bumper-to-bumper for 2 miles! My settings have "Next Intersecting Street" turned on but I see no difference in the display regardless of its state.

What am I missing?
Unfortunately, you aren’t missing anything. But there is an easy workaround.

When you have joined the interstate, just turn the large controller wheel to adjust the scale until you can see a lot further ahead. It’s then very easy to see your turn off ahead of time.

It’s literally a twist of a knob.