E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Navigation Contacts (Address book)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 06:50 PM

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2018 E400S
Navigation Contacts (Address book)

I'm still learning all the details of the 2018 E400S (US model) I recently picked up and have questions about the navigation system.

In my prior car (a 5-series BMW) the navigation system had an address book into which I could save destinations likely to be visited multiple times. Upfront of this was a temporary storage space for recently entered destination that were not stored in the address book.

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to store addresses (and assign a user friendly name them, e.g. myBestBBQ) in the command system in my E400. Its hard to believe this is not possible.

I do know how to access recent destinations, and to assign an address to the favorites menu, but that has limited space. I also know how to get an address from my phone when its paired to the car. What I want to do is similar to the BMW system: store a bunch of addresses, independent of what's on my phone, and access them from the car, even when the phone is not paired. Is that possible?

Many thanks for advice.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:01 PM

Received 120 Likes on 97 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe
Not sure this has anything to do with your issue, but the navigation software is brain damaged when it comes to stored addresses. For example, will recognize "Ave" or "St" (no periods) but not "Avenue," "Street," "Ave.," or "St." (note the period in the latter two examples). And that's only one of the problems with it. Seems like it should be a simple fix, but apparently MB doesn't care enough to correct the problem. Very frustrating for me as I have over 2000 addresses stored on my iPhone.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:18 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
none yet
let me see if I can help...I said to the car navigate to X . once I was at X, on the full navi screen right thumb on steering wheel swipe right then down to pervious location. when you are there swipe down to X. then left swipe it will open sub menu. scroll down to what you want i saved X as home. or as work. hope this helps.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:37 PM

2018 E400S
Angry

Originally Posted by dukester34
let me see if I can help...I said to the car navigate to X . once I was at X, on the full navi screen right thumb on steering wheel swipe right then down to pervious location. when you are there swipe down to X. then left swipe it will open sub menu. scroll down to what you want i saved X as home. or as work. hope this helps.
Thanks. I do have home and work addresses stored, using the procedure you described. But ... I want to store a bunch more addresses, with names I choose, just like I did with BMW. I'm really hoping MB have not screwed this up ...
Old 07-09-2018, 08:40 PM

2018 E400S
Originally Posted by The_Judge
Not sure this has anything to do with your issue, but the navigation software is brain damaged when it comes to stored addresses. For example, will recognize "Ave" or "St" (no periods) but not "Avenue," "Street," "Ave.," or "St." (note the period in the latter two examples). And that's only one of the problems with it. Seems like it should be a simple fix, but apparently MB doesn't care enough to correct the problem. Very frustrating for me as I have over 2000 addresses stored on my iPhone.
I feel your frustration. I guess when new IOS allows GoogleMaps to be used with Apple CarPlay you will be abandoning the MB navigation system? So far nobody seems either bummed out by lack of MB address book, or has found ways to overcome this limitation, but has yet to respond. Hope springs eternal.