E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

How to protect or alter the paint of an E63 S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 12:01 PM

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
skoda octavia MkII 2.0
How to protect or alter the paint of an E63 S

I was introduced to some mods/detailing here in this forum that I was not aware of.

contrary to what i see in the US where wraps and other mods are common on high value cars, in my country this is rare to see, and i believe even in Europe it is not that common. Usually this tends to be done by soccer players on their pricey cars or tuning guys that take more underrated cars and spend a lot of money modding them trying to make them like an upper level car.

anyway, i find it interesting the issue of protection the paint of the E63 S. getting some resistance to keying, door dents, swirl scratches, small stones impacts and UV protection seems reasonable. and even spare me someway of having to always be on top of my car cleaning it with great care (i'm lazy) .

so, giving that I'm just starting on this complex world, i ask you for your experience and recommendations on how to better protect the paint.

i've selected the obsidian black with the 20 inches wheels in black (glossy i believe) but i kept the chrome parts as i like the contrast. i'm not in to all black cars...

I also loved the black matte version of the ED1 so i could also go for a wrap that can make it look like it, maybe a satin black PPF/vynil?
i don't like the matte dull color. satin is more shinny and i prefer that kind of color, which is what the ED1 also looks like (apart from the amazing color effects of the black used in the ED1). not sure how it would look with the chrome parts and glossy black wheels on my car though...

i found this interesting video explaining the differences with vinyl and clear bra (i believe it is the same as PPF, correct?) applications

so what do you guys think? do you take your cars straight from the dealer for a paint protection scheme? what kind of protection do you prefer to use? any brands to go for?
and how about color combinations as i specked my car? any photos of your mods/detailing for similar combos?

thanks a lot!
Old 09-03-2018, 03:34 PM

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
skoda octavia MkII 2.0
http://www.xpel.com/search-coverage-...usine/E63S_AMG
Old 09-10-2018, 01:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
E class
Hi Tonecas!

Congrats on the new car! You can find a list of certified 3M Paint Protection installers here: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/post-fac...-an-installer/

Also, you can always put paint protection film over vinyl wrap! Best of both worlds!����
The following users liked this post:
tonecas (09-10-2018)