Open boot warning light and other issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2018 | 07:56 AM
UTT

MB E 220dT
Open boot warning light and other issues

Hi there!
I am from Europe and I'm a new owner of 2017 estate version of E class. I have couple of issues. Rattling dash cover (found the solution on this forum, thanks for that!), the other one is parking sensors... they are inconsistent as some of you have already found out. Sometimes they beep, sometimes they don't, sometimes they beep when stationary and absolutely nobody around...
And the third thing that has been annoying me in open boot warning sign or actually the lack of it. When I open the boot there is absolutely no indication of that on the dash. If I put it in reverse then I see it because of the 360° camera isn't working correctly and a red back boot illuminates on the 360° view of the car. But if I decide to put it in Drive, I can drive off without knowing that the boot is open... the only hint is parking break which I have to release manually. Is this just my car?

Is there any solution to those parking sensors with software upgrade?

U.
Old 09-29-2018 | 03:26 PM
UTT

MB E 220dT
Nobody?
Can somone just check for open boot door signal?

Originally Posted by UTT
Hi there!
I am from Europe and I'm a new owner of 2017 estate version of E class. I have couple of issues. Rattling dash cover (found the solution on this forum, thanks for that!), the other one is parking sensors... they are inconsistent as some of you have already found out. Sometimes they beep, sometimes they don't, sometimes they beep when stationary and absolutely nobody around...
And the third thing that has been annoying me in open boot warning sign or actually the lack of it. When I open the boot there is absolutely no indication of that on the dash. If I put it in reverse then I see it because of the 360° camera isn't working correctly and a red back boot illuminates on the 360° view of the car. But if I decide to put it in Drive, I can drive off without knowing that the boot is open... the only hint is parking break which I have to release manually. Is this just my car?

Is there any solution to those parking sensors with software upgrade?

U.
Old 09-29-2018 | 03:57 PM

EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
I think from memory in the c class the warning sign for open boot comes up once you have moved and is accompanied with a chime and illumination on the dash showing whether it is the boot or a door or bonnet open. I would expect the same design in the e.
Parking sensors seem to work the same but the visual display is radically different. I have my righthand display split between navigation and media and when the sensors go there is the audible warning and the navi screen changes to show the warning either sides or front. Tall grasses do set it off as do changes in levels ie approaching a slope.