E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Map updates over ota

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 05:23 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
Map updates over ota

I understand that here in france updates are OTA.
Do i have to do anything or do they just happen?
Anyone in france had a map update to reflect the new 80kph single carriageway speed limit?
i have drivepilot and the system operates at the old speed limit of 90kph unless it sees an 80kph sign which are not very numerous hereabouts so i have to adjust it everytime. Not too onerous unless i am not paying enough attention and get to 90 before slowing and a gendarme is skulking in the bushes or one of the new camera cars is about......
Old 10-08-2018, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 772 Likes on 610 Posts
I thought you folks had higher speed limits than in the US. Our typical single carriageway limit is 105 kph (65 mph).
Is that slower limit throughout France or is it regional?
Old 10-08-2018, 05:51 PM

The government introduced the 80 limit this july across france to cut road deaths and there has been lots of opposition with speed cameras being vandalized. But the government has stood firm and the death rate for july and august, the big travel months here, were lower supporting their arguments. It is supposedly a 2 yr experiment and if the death rate does not drop they will revert to 90.
On single carriageway with a central barrier it is still 90kph (56 mph) and dual is 110kph (70) and 130kph on the peage (82).
The limits vary across europe the uk and austria are 60mph on single carriageway forcexample but the uk is only 70mph on motorways though generally traffic is faster.
Old 10-09-2018, 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 294 Likes on 223 Posts
E 300 AMG-Line diesel-Hybrid - 2021
For France last updated was a moth ago, but don't think it included the new 80 zones.
you're supposed to be able to choose 1 country for which maps will be downloaded automatically in the car,
while the rest is through the mercedes me website.
but such automatic download only happened once for me and took about 1 million years.
all the other times i just downloaded the whoel opf europe via the PC

just out of Curiosity parkwood, you are not french right?
Old 10-09-2018, 10:16 AM

Thanks egonvdv no i am not french. Like so many of my friends i am ashamed to have to admit to being english, one of the 48% that did not want stupid brexit😉
have been here 10 yrs and have applied for naturalisation this is my home now whatever happens unless my fellow citoyens, french or european, decide i must leave in the light of the uk government's actions in relation to their citizens still in the uk. It is all soooo depressing😞.
Love my new car but the connected side is not totally intuitive re some elements. I use mercedes me app and connect main web site but frankly it needs more work. Will look for settings re map ota updates as the sales rep only said the car updates ota no more about how to prompt monitor or anything else.
i have not had time to check but wonder if there is additional connectivity packages i did not order. I did not bother with the remote parking for instance, as i can see no mention in either the app or the web portal for subscribing to an alternative isp provider like you have. I will make do with android auto as i have 30gb of data on my orange plan. Here in the wilds of normandie 4g is a bit variable for day to day use anyway but on long trips on the peage internet radio would be a bonus.
thanks for all your help thus far.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 294 Likes on 223 Posts
E 300 AMG-Line diesel-Hybrid - 2021
18 years in Marseille myself :-)

to choose which country go to "mise a jour des cartes"
here you will also see if all maps are updated and you can download accordingly (to a memory card)

if you want to see if there are other things that nee updating click "actualisation du logiciel".

if you want to see what services could be ordered for your specific car, click "gérer les services"

Old 10-09-2018, 01:40 PM

Merci beaucoup😉 i had only ever logged in to the mercedes me portal on the phone!! Using the pc shows a lot more options etc your screen grab was extremly useful.....i tend to use the phone the majority of the time these days. Am not an apple fan from their business model viewpoint and windows 10 drives me mad so i only use the pc or laptop when i need too.
i understand much more now😊😊