High Res Audio with Burmeister audio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E Class All terrain
High Res Audio with Burmeister audio

Hello!
I own an E All Terrain fitted with the great Burmeister sound system, but not the high-end one. I'm a fan of audio quality music, and also not a big fan of using my phone as a source for the music. It happens to own a FIIO digital player, and I would like to use it as a source. Both on the portable player and on the iphone I am using as file source streaming Tidal. So my question is can I play form the portable player (which includes a high quality DAC) to the Burmeister system directly? Via a cable, preferable? What is recommended? Does the amplifier has an audio entry? Many thanks.
Old 10-17-2018, 03:18 PM

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
2018 E400 4Matic
I don't think that is possible. I haven't tried it, but did not see any way of going past the head unit DAC as I set things up.
I have the High End Burmester, but I think the front end is the same for both High End and Base Burmester. I've found the DAC to be quite good. Despite my preconceptions, I was surprised to hear substantial improvements in sound from well recorded 24/96 source music compared to stock 16-bit (Jeff Tweedy's new album was the revelation in this case). I'm sure one could get better sound from a more refined DAC, but the one in the car is pretty good.
Old 10-18-2018, 01:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E Class All terrain
Originally Posted by grossmsj
I don't think that is possible. I haven't tried it, but did not see any way of going past the head unit DAC as I set things up.
I have the High End Burmester, but I think the front end is the same for both High End and Base Burmester. I've found the DAC to be quite good. Despite my preconceptions, I was surprised to hear substantial improvements in sound from well recorded 24/96 source music compared to stock 16-bit (Jeff Tweedy's new album was the revelation in this case). I'm sure one could get better sound from a more refined DAC, but the one in the car is pretty good.
Thanks 4 the info. Any idea where can we find the specs of the unit. it would be great to know exactly what we have onboard the car's unit. There's a good DAC for sure onboard, no doubt, cause If you play from Tidal HiFi app the difference is huge in terms of quality and dynamics, but still, streaming through bluetooth it's not the best case. Using the external player and freeing my phone it would be the best.