E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Rod's New Ride

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 09:42 AM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
Nice colour which is it? I always go the grey route as it is more forgiving in the damper climes I have always lived in. The detailing treatment looks very good. I doubt there is anywhere around me that offers sich services and in some ways I enjoy doing it myself but that is changing as time passes
I use autoglym not particularly high end but reliable and the after wash wax works well albeit needs careful wiping off or you get holograms.
one question the dash has no stitching here the exclusive lines get the stitched finish is it available in the us. It brings just a bit more design to the cabin and for me was an actual highly important detail. Funny how we all have our own must haves and not bothereds
Old 11-04-2018, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by parkwood
Nice colour which is it? I always go the grey route as it is more forgiving in the damper climes I have always lived in. The detailing treatment looks very good. I doubt there is anywhere around me that offers sich services and in some ways I enjoy doing it myself but that is changing as time passes
I use autoglym not particularly high end but reliable and the after wash wax works well albeit needs careful wiping off or you get holograms.
one question the dash has no stitching here the exclusive lines get the stitched finish is it available in the us. It brings just a bit more design to the cabin and for me was an actual highly important detail. Funny how we all have our own must haves and not bothereds
The color is Lunar Blue in the US, Canvasite Blue in Europe. The dealer put the ceramic coat on my car (at no charge to me, but I know there are likely higher quality ceramic finishes out there, still free is free)! The detailer I use had been coming to my house for years to do my cars. He's just the most amazing guy I've ever used. So meticulous and he doesn't charge much. The 4 hour detail job he did yesterday was $100 including the wax. Of course I tip him handsomely for doing such a good job.

No, we don't get the sticking on the dash in the US models with the AMG styling. To get the stitching we have to buy the Luxury version (the one with the Star on the hood), not the AMG sport model OR we get a real AMG (as in the previous E43, being replaced with the E53 and E63). I was disappointed there was no way to get the stitching on the dash, but that's how they do it in the US.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 241 Likes on 202 Posts
A car
@Rod, I must say, I'm surprised. You literally picked all of the colour combinations, for both the exterior and interior, inclusive of the wood trim that would be at the bottom of what I would pick, and yet looking at the photos, I literally went, "wow....that looks nice!". Took me by surprise, but you did a hell of a job picking colours that are not "mainstream", and it all works together beautifully! Congrats on the new ride.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
@Rod, I must say, I'm surprised. You literally picked all of the colour combinations, for both the exterior and interior, inclusive of the wood trim that would be at the bottom of what I would pick, and yet looking at the photos, I literally went, "wow....that looks nice!". Took me by surprise, but you did a hell of a job picking colours that are not "mainstream", and it all works together beautifully! Congrats on the new ride.
Thanks. Truth be told, I'm not huge fan of brown, but I just knew the Nut Brown leather and the Natural Ash wood would be such a great combination. I've had black interiors a lot and really wanted to change things up this time. On the Lunar Blue, it's a dark color, but blue is my favorite color. I really hoped for the 2019 model year, they would have offered the Brilliant Blue you can get on other MB models, but they didn't. Thanks again!

Last edited by rbrylaw; 11-04-2018 at 11:21 AM.
The following users liked this post:
superangrypenguin (11-04-2018)
Old 11-04-2018, 02:14 PM

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts
Mercedes Benz e450 Wagon / Porsche 911 Cabriolet
I absolutely love the nut brown and light Ash wood trim combination of the car. Looks beautiful in that first picture and balances the blue perfectly.

Tampa, is it? I used to live there for 7 years in the late 80s and early 90s. Wish I could move back, but the job...
Old 11-04-2018, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by nycebo
I absolutely love the nut brown and light Ash wood trim combination of the car. Looks beautiful in that first picture and balances the blue perfectly.

Tampa, is it? I used to live there for 7 years in the late 80s and early 90s. Wish I could move back, but the job...
Thanks so much. Tampa has grown so much since the 90s. We've lived here now since 1995 and the growth and improvements have been awesome. Riverwalk starts in Channelside (which has enjoyed an explosion of development and isn't recognizable by what you might remember from the 90s) and goes all the way around and past the Performing Arts Center. We've become quite the foodie town and Tampa International Airport just gets better and better!

Maybe one day you'll get to come back!
Old 11-04-2018, 03:39 PM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
2019 e63s
Originally Posted by rbrylaw
Looking forward to seeing pics!
here you go.

Last edited by vicm81; 11-04-2018 at 03:56 PM.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:41 PM

2019 e63s
Looking forward to seeing pics!
ok maybe not. Pics didn’t upload even after I click upload.
Old 11-04-2018, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by vicm81

ok maybe not. Pics didn’t upload even after I click upload.
If they're cell phone shots, the image shouldn't be larger than you can upload. If they're DLSR photos, they could be too large.
Old 11-04-2018, 04:13 PM

2019 e63s
I choose the photos. I click done. They each go to 100% but when I click upload nothing happens. They are from my phone.
Old 11-04-2018, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by vicm81
I choose the photos. I click done. They each go to 100% but when I click upload nothing happens. They are from my phone.
I don't have a clue why they won't upload.
Old 11-04-2018, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 772 Likes on 610 Posts
It could be a size limit issue.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X5, boxster
Love the lunar blue metallic color. Why do dealers stock their inventory or why does MD mainly build in plain black or white? It’s not like they are trying to keep it at base price. I’d rather pay for metallic color than logo projector, illuminated star, even heated steering wheel, etc.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Benzvirg
Love the lunar blue metallic color. Why do dealers stock their inventory or why does MD mainly build in plain black or white? It’s not like they are trying to keep it at base price. I’d rather pay for metallic color than logo projector, illuminated star, even heated steering wheel, etc.
Thanks. My dealer does stock a lot of colors. But they don't usually order the fun options. like leather, digital display, etc., so if you want them, you have to order what you want.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:14 AM

Received 74 Likes on 69 Posts
MY19 E450 4MATIC Coupé
At long last the wait is over! To say I'm thrilled is an understatement. Got to the dealership at about 3 this afternoon for a scheduled delivery at 3:30. The paperwork was ready the car was ready and everything went so smoothly. The Concierge lady who helped get everything set up was simply amazing. Even though I know how to use most settings, she taught me things I didn't know, she input my radio stations, she got me all connected with the new Mercedes Me Connect, which is totally different than Mercedes Me and provides a lot more information, including gas level, etc. Also of interest is that Mercedes is now partnered with AT&T for Internet service in the 2019 cars. Since I am already an AT&T customer, my car internet service will be billed to my cell phone account and not be tied to Mercedes at all. I imagine this will be a good thing as the Mercedes internet services were spotty at best. Unlimited data is $20/month.

I haven't had much time behind the wheel, but what time I have had was terrific. I truly didn't think I would be able to discern any difference between the E400 and E450, but there is a real difference. Acceleration is stronger and the car just feels more potent. For whatever reason, maybe just because the odometer came with just 9 miles, it feels more solid. I love the new steering wheel. You can do virtually everything you want including engaging Distronic cruise control from the buttons on the wheel. The cruise control stalk is now gone, YAY! You just have the turn signal/wiper stalk and the electric stalk for adjusting the height and depth of the steering wheel on the left.

I'm sure many will remember me saying I didn't think there's anything wrong with the analog instruments and I still believe that, BUT man oh man, the digital instrument cluster takes things to a new level. I'm currently using the Progressing display, which let's me put navigation on the right and the odometer on the left. So so so COOL!

Thanks for all the friendships this forum has helped form over the last several months. For those still waiting for your new cars, the wait will SO be worth it!

And now the requisite pictures taken with my iPhone. Oh and on that. I'm beyond happy to say the charging mat has been made bigger. My iPhone X barely fit the E400 or E300. My iPhone Xs Max WITH a case sits completely flat on the charging mat! Really Nice!

Congratulations on picking up your new car!

I've been following your story for weeks now and have even been keeping my wife appraised of your progress. In fact, my biggest motivation for finally signing up on MB World was to be able to send this message.

I've not had the opportunity to test drive an E450 here in the UK, but I did test an E400 and loved it. I knew the 450 had more power so I figured it's basically the car I tested but better - so I ordered one. However I soon found out that the 0-60 times quotes for the E400 coupe were 5.3 seconds but 5.6 for the E450 coupe which makes no sense at all. Anyway, I'm hoping it's just marketing playing with the numbers to create a bigger gap on paper between the E450 and the newly launched E53. I can't imagine how a car that weighs the same and has more power, can be slower.

So, it was my internet search for answers that led me to this forum and to your story in particular. I've been waiting eagerly to hear you thoughts on how the 450 compares to the 400 and your news is very encouraging.

Thanks for all the updates and information you've shared. People like you are a real credit to this forum!

Enjoy the car - it's beautiful!
Old 11-05-2018, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks Stephos and a hearty welcome and congratulations. Just an FYI, I don't know where you saw the 5.6 seconds for the E450 Coupe 0-60, but that is a total error. The acceleration 0-60 for the coupe is identical to the sedan and Mercedes USA shows both at 5.0 seconds. One review I read somewhere actually pegged it at 4.9 seconds. So no worries, your coupe will be just as fast! Go to www.mbusa.com and pull up the specs for the E450 Coupe and you'll see.

Again, thank you and we all welcome you to the family and will enjoy seeing pics when your Coupe arrives and your impressions. Feel free to ask any questions you have. There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum and you'll find that everyone is very helpful.

Your friend,

Rod
Old 11-05-2018, 10:08 AM

MY19 E450 4MATIC Coupé
Thanks Stephos and a hearty welcome and congratulations. Just an FYI, I don't know where you saw the 5.6 seconds for the E450 Coupe 0-60, but that is a total error. The acceleration 0-60 for the coupe is identical to the sedan and Mercedes USA shows both at 5.0 seconds. One review I read somewhere actually pegged it at 4.9 seconds. So no worries, your coupe will be just as fast! Go to www.mbusa.com and pull up the specs for the E450 Coupe and you'll see.

Again, thank you and we all welcome you to the family and will enjoy seeing pics when your Coupe arrives and your impressions. Feel free to ask any questions you have. There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum and you'll find that everyone is very helpful.

Your friend,

Rod
Thanks for the warm welcome Rod :-)

The figures I quoted are straight off the MB UK website. I even had a look at some of the other european sites (with the help of Google Translate) and it's the same story. I'm sure it's just marketing, but was worried that it might be due to some EU spec/regulation differences but again it doesn't make sense.

I'll be stressing about performance (and other aspects of my order) until I've finally got the car.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:11 AM

MY19 E450 4MATIC Coupé
btw, I second your comment on Brilliant Blue. It's one of my favourite colours from MB but not available on the E.

I had planned to go for the Iridium Silver but ultimately opted for Polar White because my current car is silver and I wanted a change. Plus, I've seen a couple of white E coupes around that also have the Night package (as I've spec'd on mine) and the contrast between the white paint and gloss black elements is even more striking - can't wait!
Old 11-05-2018, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by stephos
Thanks for the warm welcome Rod :-)

The figures I quoted are straight off the MB UK website. I even had a look at some of the other european sites (with the help of Google Translate) and it's the same story. I'm sure it's just marketing, but was worried that it might be due to some EU spec/regulation differences but again it doesn't make sense.

I'll be stressing about performance (and other aspects of my order) until I've finally got the car.
If the UK site and others are anything like the US site, they often have errors in the specs and options. There is no reason the car in the UK would be any slower 0-60 than it is in the US.

btw, I second your comment on Brilliant Blue. It's one of my favourite colours from MB but not available on the E.

I had planned to go for the Iridium Silver but ultimately opted for Polar White because my current car is silver and I wanted a change. Plus, I've seen a couple of white E coupes around that also have the Night package (as I've spec'd on mine) and the contrast between the white paint and gloss black elements is even more striking - can't wait!
I think the Polar White with the Night Package will be stunning! The lighter colors like Iridium and Polar are way more forgiving of showing dirt and swirl marks. Our E400 is Iridium Silver and even after road spray, it's hard to see any dirt.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:26 AM

MY19 E450 4MATIC Coupé
Thanks for the reassurance Rod, it helps ease my nerves hehe

I've long said that Silver is just the best colour, the way it highlights contours and creases in the bodywork is second to none. The fact that it also hides dirt so well is a bonus!

That being said, I'm mega excited to see mine when it arrives. I was told that it's scheduled to be built next week on the 13th. I wonder if it's possible for me to jump on a flight to Germany and pick it up from the factory myself....
Old 11-05-2018, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for the reassurance Rod, it helps ease my nerves hehe

I've long said that Silver is just the best colour, the way it highlights contours and creases in the bodywork is second to none. The fact that it also hides dirt so well is a bonus!

That being said, I'm mega excited to see mine when it arrives. I was told that it's scheduled to be built next week on the 13th. I wonder if it's possible for me to jump on a flight to Germany and pick it up from the factory myself....
Contact your dealer and ask about European Delivery for your car. You likely can pick it up there. It's just a short drive through Luxemborg, right?? My understanding is the factory delivery is VERY special! Many folks here in the US do the European delivery. It would be fun, but then it can take up to two months for the car to be shipped to the US and then you have to collect it from customs. I would love to do it something though.....
Old 11-05-2018, 10:46 AM

MY19 E450 4MATIC Coupé
Contact your dealer and ask about European Delivery for your car. You likely can pick it up there. It's just a short drive through Luxemborg, right?? My understanding is the factory delivery is VERY special! Many folks here in the US do the European delivery. It would be fun, but then it can take up to two months for the car to be shipped to the US and then you have to collect it from customs. I would love to do it something though.....
Apparently factory collection is not available at this time - don't know why.... :-(

I visited Stuttgart this time last year and did a tour of the Mercedes museum which was wonderful. Their HQ is there along with a massive dealership featuring pretty much any Mercedes/AMG currently on sale. Highly recommend that trip to anybody who is an MB fan. It could have only been better if I was driving away in a new car but, I'll happily collect it over here in the UK when the time comes. Just wish I could fast forward to that day.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Waiting for those of us (me! me! me!) born without the patience gene is most difficult indeed!
Old 11-08-2018, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 150 Likes on 128 Posts
2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet NEW Mercedes 2020 GLC300 graphite gray SUV
Just picked up the new Mercedes E450 Cabriolet yesterday. I almost cried when I saw it....it's absolutely gorgeous in that metallic dune silver! The gold in it is absolutely stunning.

Very busy today visiting relatives and what not, using the car with the top down, probably for the last day. Getting cold here in Ohio. Try to shoot some pictures today, even though it's cloudy.

I'll start a thread with pictures called Rusty's Ride.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rustybear3
Just picked up the new Mercedes E450 Cabriolet yesterday. I almost cried when I saw it....it's absolutely gorgeous in that metallic dune silver! The gold in it is absolutely stunning.

Very busy today visiting relatives and what not, using the car with the top down, probably for the last day. Getting cold here in Ohio. Try to shoot some pictures today, even though it's cloudy.

I'll start a thread with pictures called Rusty's Ride.
So HAPPY for you Rusty!! Can't wait to see pics. Also saw your post on the Me Connect app. Jealous you were able to get connected. But I responded to you there that the ME app isn't why. I have both on my phone and Me Connect still won't work.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rod's New Ride