MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W213) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213-208/)
-   -   Mercedes Me Connect - If You Can't Connect To Your New 2019 Car (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213/726334-mercedes-me-connect-if-you-cant-connect-your-new-2019-car.html)

rbrylaw 11-09-2018 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Chrisk03 (Post 7599190)
I wonder if there is a batch of Hermes modules that are bad. The downside to all this new car tech and quite possible. I have the Mercedes Me app for my 2018 and agree the Send2Benz feature is handy, but honestly only used maybe twice in about a year. The rest of the features are fairly useless, IMO, and would be 100x better if they were just on the keyfob...I'm looking at you remote start. :) Hope you/MB get figured out rbrylaw, asap, nothing worse than a new car with a hiccup. Good luck! :y

Thanks. It's more annoying than anything else. No one from the Me Connect team follows up. And all they can say is Germany is working on it. It must be very low priority as it's been more than a week now since a case was created for this.

sackboydad 11-09-2018 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by haibieb (Post 7598310)
My only issue so far with using Me is that when I lock the car through the app, it takes a bit of time for it to be "locked." So, right now, it could be related to the distance from my room to the garage or the way the app is designed. Furthermore, while the "Vehicle Locked" image is still buffering to actually lock the car, I just lock it via the FOB key just to be sure. After a few minutes, the Vehicle Locked image confirms the action. :zoom:

FWIW, my wife’s 2016 GMC Yukon Denali has the same thing with OnStar and remote access. It can sometimes take upwards of 15-20 seconds for the command to actually happen at the car after being sent from the app on her iPhone.

Chrisk03 11-09-2018 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7599192)
Thanks. It's more annoying than anything else. No one from the Me Connect team follows up. And all they can say is Germany is working on it. It must be very low priority as it's been more than a week now since a case was created for this.

Yeah, unfortunately it sounds like you are going to be put in a waiting game until MB figures out. Not to sound like the typical tech support ("ah, just hard reboot and it should work"), :), but can you deactivate/delete everything again (app, phone, website), CLEAR CACHE (phone, web, maybe MB can do too on their end), then try and reactivate? I've had a couple instances on my phone and browser where I've deleted things and reinstalled to no avail, but once I Cleared Cache, it mysteriously worked. I'm not a tech guy per se, so maybe it's just coincidence, but that worked. Granted, there's car tech involved with your situation, but...just a thought...

ua549 11-09-2018 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Chrisk03 (Post 7599190)
I wonder if there is a batch of Hermes modules that are bad. The downside to all this new car tech and quite possible. I have the Mercedes Me app for my 2018 and agree the Send2Benz feature is handy, but honestly only used maybe twice in about a year. The rest of the features are fairly useless, IMO, and would be 100x better if they were just on the keyfob...I'm looking at you remote start. :) Hope you/MB get figured out rbrylaw, asap, nothing worse than a new car with a hiccup. Good luck! :y

I use the Mercedes me remote start feature quite often to pre-cool the car. I'm not usually within key fob range because it is line-of-sight with limited range and I'm in an elevator. When returning from a trip I also use the car locator function to find where my daughter has parked it. It is very handy at a huge airport parking facility with many different buildings and lots. I used Send2Benz at least once a week over the past year.

Different strokes ...

rbrylaw 11-09-2018 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Chrisk03 (Post 7599260)
Yeah, unfortunately it sounds like you are going to be put in a waiting game until MB figures out. Not to sound like the typical tech support ("ah, just hard reboot and it should work"), :), but can you deactivate/delete everything again (app, phone, website), CLEAR CACHE (phone, web, maybe MB can do too on their end), then try and reactivate? I've had a couple instances on my phone and browser where I've deleted things and reinstalled to no avail, but once I Cleared Cache, it mysteriously worked. I'm not a tech guy per se, so maybe it's just coincidence, but that worked. Granted, there's car tech involved with your situation, but...just a thought...

I've done that completely now at least 5 times. I'm sure a 6th time won't do much, if anything. I clear Cache. I delete the App. I reboot from the Server in Germany. I wait a day and reinstall, rinse and repeat. I even deleted the Me App, which does work, and reinstalled them both at the same time. The Me App works fine for the E400. With the Me Connect App on the E450, the only thing it's good for is Mercedes Finance, but the car is paid for and I don't need anything from Finance. At this point, I have no choice but to wait and continue to be a loud thorn in their side. That is something I can and do well indeed! I'll be taking the car in next week to have the drivers door window replaced as it came with a rock chip and they ordered a replacement window. I'll have the service department deal with it from there.

rbrylaw 11-09-2018 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by ua549 (Post 7599275)
I use the Mercedes me remote start feature quite often to pre-cool the car. I'm not usually within key fob range because it is line-of-sight with limited range and I'm in an elevator. When returning from a trip I also use the car locator function to find where my daughter has parked it. It is very handy at a huge airport parking facility with many different buildings and lots. I used Send2Benz at least once a week over the past year.

Different strokes ...

I tend to use many of the same things you do. Of course, I can't do any of those things with the Me Connect app until they figure out how to activate it.

GraniteC300 11-09-2018 09:17 PM

Well, I had some great success today! I got in my car to take a little joy ride and the first thing that popped up on the command screen was an agreement for Mercedes Me Connect. I had never seen that before and I didn’t do anything to make that happen. I took it for a 30 mile ride and when I got home I tested the remote door locks and VOILA!!! The doors locked. I then tried the remote start and it worked too! I am guessing that the Tier 2 support team in Germany must have found a problem and fixed something overnight.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...4b8fcb561f.png
there’s hope out there!

rbrylaw 11-09-2018 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by GraniteC300 (Post 7599470)
Well, I had some great success today! I got in my car to take a little joy ride and the first thing that popped up on the command screen was an agreement for Mercedes Me Connect. I had never seen that before and I didn’t do anything to make that happen. I took it for a 30 mile ride and when I got home I tested the remote door locks and VOILA!!! The doors locked. I then tried the remote start and it worked too! I am guessing that the Tier 2 support team in Germany must have found a problem and fixed something overnight.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...4b8fcb561f.png
there’s hope out there!

Very happy for you. Still no success for me, but it does give me hope that some will get support.

haibieb 11-09-2018 09:37 PM

awesome. :zoom:

2012 merc amg 11-10-2018 01:50 AM

Got the new E450 Cabriolet today and had the app working within an hour. The salesman added on my wagon onto the app as I had downloaded a fresh app to be safe and it's still doing the same old thing with the Wagon. Really makes me think it's a bad module in the wagon. I'll try again tomorrow with the wagon. I'd post a picture I took of the new E450 cab but cant seem to get them to upload for whatever reason.

JDPEClassUK 11-10-2018 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7599472)
Very happy for you. Still no success for me, but it does give me hope that some will get support.

Great news for you Granite - sadly I am still like rbrylaw - and I am in the UK so would be quite amazing if there was a bad batch of modules for them only to affect such a small number.

rustybear3 11-10-2018 06:42 AM

I wonder if this problem is model specific? 2012 merc amg and myself both have E450 Cabriolet models with no problems. Seems odd that it is an all or nothing proposition. :word:

rbrylaw 11-10-2018 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7599562)
Got the new E450 Cabriolet today and had the app working within an hour. The salesman added on my wagon onto the app as I had downloaded a fresh app to be safe and it's still doing the same old thing with the Wagon. Really makes me think it's a bad module in the wagon. I'll try again tomorrow with the wagon. I'd post a picture I took of the new E450 cab but cant seem to get them to upload for whatever reason.

First congratulations!! Can't wait to see Pics!!!

Second, you just completely invalidated the update call I just got from Mercedes Me Connect. They said it's an app issue and the Me Connect engineers will be issuing an update to the app "soon." If that was the case, your new car shouldn't have connected. They did suggest I sign out of the app every day, then back in. I've been doing that anyway. When I sign out of the app, then back in, when I get in my car, I get the "Would you like to connect to Me Connect." I accept. Then I get a screen which asks to choose next. I choose next, which would lead you to assume another screen should come up. But that's as far as it goes. I click next and then nothing happens.

2012 merc amg 11-10-2018 10:36 AM

Yep same thing happens with my Wagon in that it just won't activate. I called Mercedes Me again this morning and told them to make a note of what I told them is going on that it is car specific and not related to the app. Took them a while to figure out what I was talking about, it's gonna be a long road for the cars that are not working but I suspect it's gonna involve something like bringing the car back to the dealer and they change out a module or something like that. For anybody with this issue for now I would not even waste the time messing around with the app anymore because it is just that wasted time, it's not going to work until mercedes can get it's act together on this issue, they are not doing their jobs. I wish it was the other way around and my wagon worked and the convertible didn't because the wagon I drive to tennis and it would be nice to have the remote start work to cool the car down after tennis, hot in the car. I would post pictures of the car if could, I'll post a link here with the for sale add on the E63 which I just traded in last night, the picture will be at the bottom of the page. Thats the only way I can do it as of now, lol. Nothing works lately. haha. https://mbworld.org/forums/market/725572

rbrylaw 11-10-2018 10:52 AM

I'm actually on hold with Me Connect right now to have them add a note to my case number. I believe you're right and this is car specific, not app related.

nycebo 11-10-2018 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7599656)
They did suggest I sign out of the app every day, then back in. I've been doing that anyway. When I sign out of the app, then back in, when I get in my car, I get the "Would you like to connect to Me Connect." I accept. Then I get a screen which asks to choose next. I choose next, which would lead you to assume another screen should come up. But that's as far as it goes. I click next and then nothing happens.

How long do you wait? I waited a Long time. In fact, like 3-5 minutes. It seemed like nothing was happening but I did not click away from that screen and I did not let the phone sleep (just kept lighting touching the screen but not moving away). It finally loaded.

Maybe that's the issue? Maybe you don't let it finish load on that blank page?

nycebo 11-10-2018 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7599562)
Got the new E450 Cabriolet today...

Does this mean that you finally decided against the AMG that you wrote about in another thread?

rbrylaw 11-10-2018 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by nycebo (Post 7599737)
How long do you wait? I waited a Long time. In fact, like 3-5 minutes. It seemed like nothing was happening but I did not click away from that screen and I did not let the phone sleep (just kept lighting touching the screen but not moving away). It finally loaded.

Maybe that's the issue? Maybe you don't let it finish load on that blank page?

I didn't click away from the screen after tapping next. It just disappeared, the radio came back up and I continued driving for at least 20 minutes. Nothing EVER happens after I click next. This is in the car, not on the iPhone App.

JDPEClassUK 11-10-2018 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7599744)
I didn't click away from the screen after tapping next. It just disappeared, the radio came back up and I continued driving for at least 20 minutes. Nothing EVER happens after I click next. This is in the car, not on the iPhone App.

Exactly the same for me :-(

nycebo 11-10-2018 01:46 PM

Ah, in the car. I enabled mine from the app first.

Anyway, it shouldn't be this complicated. Reminds me of trying to install software in an old IBM PC XT. I take that back, DOS was easier.

rbrylaw 11-10-2018 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by nycebo (Post 7599897)
Ah, in the car. I enabled mine from the app first.

Anyway, it shouldn't be this complicated. Reminds me of trying to install software in an old IBM PC XT. I take that back, DOS was easier.

No, it shouldn't be this difficult. Especially when we pay in the $70K plus range for these cars.

2012 merc amg 11-11-2018 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by nycebo (Post 7599739)
Does this mean that you finally decided against the AMG that you wrote about in another thread?

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...c252c04247.jpg

Yep decided on the E450 over the E53. This one I got has just the right equipment I was looking for with a in stock vehicle. It has the AMG line package, AMG wheels, Distronic, the Mulitcontour seats which I really like and soft close doors and heads up display, so really sporty, has the AMG lowered suspension. Still have not got on it too much as it's breaking in but if it does not feel like enough performance in sport mode after it's broken in I could always do a Rentech tune on the car. I am very happy with the Twin turbo V6 motor though in both my E450's at this point. I really Reconsolidated the past couple of weeks. Got ride of my 2015 S550 Sedan for the E450 Wagon and got rid of my 2018 E63 AMG Wagon for this car plus a nice chunk of cash. Driving two brand new cars for very little cash outlay, not a bad deal. The E53 was gonna be around ten grand more than this E450 Cab and a lot more complexity with the E53 Amg. Plus I noticed for some reason just about all the in Stock E53's the dealers had coming in where mostly dark colors, mainly black on black and I wanted nice light Florida colors. I did alright with this car for sure. Super glad I got it although in some ways I will miss the AMG Wagon.

2012 merc amg 11-11-2018 10:32 AM

One thing that does not work in the app with my new cabriolet is the remote start. I can lock and unlock doors but no remote start. I’ll mention it to the dealer. Going in Monday for a int and ext treatment I bought. Still nothing in my wagon.

rbrylaw 11-11-2018 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7600452)
One thing that does not work in the app with my new cabriolet is the remote start. I can lock and unlock doors but no remote start. I’ll mention it to the dealer. Going in Monday for a int and ext treatment I bought. Still nothing in my wagon.

I was told by the Me Connect people that remote start was a known issue with the Me Connect app. Further evidence this app was not ready for prime time.

2012 merc amg 11-11-2018 10:58 AM

That’s good at least it’s probably the app then with the remote start not working and not the car. With it not working on my wagon it’s definately the car.