E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Won't start after light accident

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 10:18 PM

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts
2015 ML350+2021 E350
Originally Posted by M11UKR
ok, got you, threads how to change the wheels much more interesting.

CAR STARTED TONIGHT

TOPIC CLOSED
LOL.. You can't run off now.
How were you able to get it started?
Old 12-19-2018, 11:41 AM

Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts
Porsche Cayman S, Mercedes W213, Nissan Titan, BMW X5, Chevrolet Suburban
I'm curious too.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:40 PM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
E400
Do you think this problem really existed, or was he goofing on us?
Old 12-20-2018, 03:28 AM

Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
LS400
This is a typical worthless thread, if I was a moderator it would be removed. And so would the OP.
Old 12-23-2018, 09:58 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
W213
ok, guys problem was existed and thread was genuine just don't like the idiots who try to move me off topic with silly advice.
3 people came to start my car with their computers, two first was very confident over the phone and gave me a big hope for small money resolve the big problem.
first one came with Star (xentri) machine was sitting in car for two hours without luck, he's machine detected only 36 ECU from 39 existing, engine, transmission and fuel pump ECUs wasn't come up so the problem can not be seen. he said the more time needed and left without payment.
second tryer was the same, no start no money.... but he said that the main 3 ECU are blocked after the crash and can be unlock with proper MB software only.. left as well
so I went to the neighbour garage man who offer me the guy for 500 pounds job to start the car for 100%, I mention about it on the top of this topic. i agree to call him with big doubt to have some positive result.
the man came on his small MB, very tall somalian guy, he even did not great any one, just connect my car to the jump links with his vehicle to have a right voltage and climb into the car, when we seen the open window we came closer and ask if the main ECU are visible, he confirmed it is and close the window just almost my nose trapped.
i left to the cash machine to get the cash when the man next garage rang and said the money was paid and man left, car run, all system work and faults cleared, only one front passenger side crash sensor need to be installed, i found it on crash bar with snapped wires ( fix), thats the story.
man next garage said that Somalian got proper mercedes machine with connection to the main data base somewhere in US and he pay membership or some fee for each access which is not cheap so thats the price then. that all I can say.
now I need my painters to came back on second of Jan and we gona paint the car, all parts are bought, I replaced all deployed airbags and took away blocked seat belts, will send them over to Poland for recondition.
thanks to all who read.

Last edited by M11UKR; 12-23-2018 at 10:05 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by M11UKR:
krazzdav (01-19-2019), velryba (01-20-2021)
Old 12-23-2018, 09:59 AM

W213
Cool

Originally Posted by Cambridgehank
Do you think this problem really existed, or was he goofing on us?
i dont do blah blah man
Old 12-23-2018, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 286 Posts
EQ
Thanks for posting the follow up.
Old 12-24-2018, 06:44 AM

W213
Wink

Originally Posted by exhaustgases
This is a typical worthless thread, if I was a moderator it would be removed. And so would the OP.
you are Nostradamus? wrong forum then geeza lol
Old 01-20-2019, 09:15 PM

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts
2017 GLA 250, 2011 C63 P31 (p30 w/ lsd) (in repair), 2005 C230 Sport Eurocharged, 2003 C320~sold
I just wanted to share my experience on this as all Mercedes should be the same.

I too purchased a vehicle from auction (2017 GLA 250) that had light front end damage (a lot lighter than OP though haha) but all the front air bags deployed and vehicle wouldn't start. The battery was drained so bad it wouldn't recover even using a NOCO G4. In any case to get the car to start again you do not need any online access or SCN coding generally. I was able to use XENTRY 2018-12 and C4 MUX to erase the "crash" and get the vehicle to start. (well should -- I still have dead battery and just used NOCO GB70 to provide power to the car -- after fixing though I do hear a click from the starter but not enough juice yet to start). Before clearing any codes just go into the ME section and XENTRY will automatically prompt you that a crash had occurred and if you wanted to reenable start function. Follow the onscreen prompts and viola all done.

You may even be able to do the same with XENTRY Passthru without purchasing a C4 MUX and just a cheap J2534 adapter but I didn't try. (I know the Toyota XHORSE MVCI drivers and the cheap ebay J2534 will communicate to Mercedes via Passthru but didn't do anymore than talk to a W204 in the past)

If for some reason you can not communicate to the ME from the beginning then you should be able to reenable comms with Vediamo

Old 01-21-2019, 07:13 AM

W213
Originally Posted by krazzdav
I just wanted to share my experience on this as all Mercedes should be the same.

I too purchased a vehicle from auction (2017 GLA 250) that had light front end damage (a lot lighter than OP though haha) but all the front air bags deployed and vehicle wouldn't start. The battery was drained so bad it wouldn't recover even using a NOCO G4. In any case to get the car to start again you do not need any online access or SCN coding generally. I was able to use XENTRY 2018-12 and C4 MUX to erase the "crash" and get the vehicle to start. (well should -- I still have dead battery and just used NOCO GB70 to provide power to the car -- after fixing though I do hear a click from the starter but not enough juice yet to start). Before clearing any codes just go into the ME section and XENTRY will automatically prompt you that a crash had occurred and if you wanted to reenable start function. Follow the onscreen prompts and viola all done.

You may even be able to do the same with XENTRY Passthru without purchasing a C4 MUX and just a cheap J2534 adapter but I didn't try. (I know the Toyota XHORSE MVCI drivers and the cheap ebay J2534 will communicate to Mercedes via Passthru but didn't do anymore than talk to a W204 in the past)

If for some reason you can not communicate to the ME from the beginning then you should be able to reenable comms with Vediamo

good for you man if you got some mashine. As I told above two men came and couldn't start the car.
Honestly I feel that they made me for money but I had no choise. If i start pull the car on recovery truck from garage to garage then it will cost me the same money I paid.
my car should be ready this week
thanks for information
The following users liked this post:
Vallie123 (02-08-2019)
Old 01-22-2019, 08:02 AM

2017 GLA 250, 2011 C63 P31 (p30 w/ lsd) (in repair), 2005 C230 Sport Eurocharged, 2003 C320~sold
good for you man if you got some mashine. As I told above two men came and couldn't start the car.
Honestly I feel that they made me for money but I had no choise. If i start pull the car on recovery truck from garage to garage then it will cost me the same money I paid.
my car should be ready this week
thanks for information
thanks
i hope you didn't pay the first 2 like i thought i read you didn't since they didn't provide service
yes you cannot pull the car around just hoping someone can fix it and better to have someone come
glad your car will be ready soon....i still have a month before the replacement dash and airbags will even be here to me... have to deliver on a ship across an ocean lol
if you are going to keep your mercedes and other mercedes send me a pm and can help you get setup to talk to your computer... for only a few dollars buying a cable... that's it ...so easy
Dimitry Sediako (02-14-2021)
Old 02-01-2019, 04:55 AM

W213

thanks
i hope you didn't pay the first 2 like i thought i read you didn't since they didn't provide service
yes you cannot pull the car around just hoping someone can fix it and better to have someone come
glad your car will be ready soon....i still have a month before the replacement dash and airbags will even be here to me... have to deliver on a ship across an ocean lol
if you are going to keep your mercedes and other mercedes send me a pm and can help you get setup to talk to your computer... for only a few dollars buying a cable... that's it ...so easy
hi. No, the first two was not paid at all.
mercedes fully repaired to factory standard. Only parking distance control not working, need to find out which sensor faulty. Will keep the car for while.
my email: ukr7777@yahoo.co.uk
thank you
good luck with yours!
The following 2 users liked this post by M11UKR:
Cao Black (02-01-2019), velryba (01-20-2021)
Old 02-01-2019, 05:42 AM

Good job! Looks nice
if you're tech ssvy I recommend at least getting xentry passthru setup on your computer yourself.... this way you can at least talk to the car to see what fault you still have or anything in the future. You can get that setup for only about $20... the cost of the OBDII cable
Old 02-01-2019, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 771 Likes on 609 Posts
Good job! Looks nice
if you're tech ssvy I recommend at least getting xentry passthru setup on your computer yourself.... this way you can at least talk to the car to see what fault you still have or anything in the future. You can get that setup for only about $20... the cost of the OBDII cable
What Xentry or OBDII software are you using on your computer? Is your OBDII cable usb or RS232 on the computer end?
Old 02-01-2019, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by ua549
What Xentry or OBDII software are you using on your computer? Is your OBDII cable usb or RS232 on the computer end?
i have always only used USB interface even with C3 mux. I personally have DAS 2012 to use with the C3 that connects to my computer with an RS232 to USB adapter and i also have XENTRY 2018 that connects wirelessly with a C4 mux. I have also used and have installed in a VM XENTRY passthru and use a Toyota MVCI clone cable from ebay that connects to USB.
ua549 (02-01-2019)
Old 02-01-2019, 08:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
E400 Wagon
Interesting assumption

LOL, yes but this thread for future....
im not western world boy and not adjust to throw the money to the bin like others.
i writing cos I know the other people want to know the conclusion.
So reading between the lines white people are either stupid or greedy because they want to charge you for service or are willing to pay for service? If that is the case why did you buy a Mercedes when a donkey might do just as well. Speaking of greedy, I bet you were going to bang this thing out and sell it to some unsuspecting buyer - how is that not greedy? Own the problem you bought, don't blame everyone else for trying to rip you off.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:20 PM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
1953 300 Adenauer, 1971 300 SEL 6.3, 1975 600, 1978 450 6.9

hi. No, the first two was not paid at all.
mercedes fully repaired to factory standard. Only parking distance control not working, need to find out which sensor faulty. Will keep the car for while.
my email: ukr7777@yahoo.co.uk
thank you
good luck with yours!
Interesting that you photographed the car from the non-damaged side. There appears to be an issue with the fit and finish of the bumper. Further, what damage did the fork lift do?

Old 02-05-2019, 08:23 AM

W213
Originally Posted by CEB
Interesting that you photographed the car from the non-damaged side. There appears to be an issue with the fit and finish of the bumper. Further, what damage did the fork lift do?

i just make a few pictures for myself. We all done great job, all gaps are perfect, paint work and colour mutch for 100%

And my TransAm!))))

forklift damage body under tray. They are always do that

Last edited by M11UKR; 02-05-2019 at 08:27 AM.
Old 02-05-2019, 08:31 AM

W213
Originally Posted by Szamot
So reading between the lines white people are either stupid or greedy because they want to charge you for service or are willing to pay for service? If that is the case why did you buy a Mercedes when a donkey might do just as well. Speaking of greedy, I bet you were going to bang this thing out and sell it to some unsuspecting buyer - how is that not greedy? Own the problem you bought, don't blame everyone else for trying to rip you off.
what the bul**** u wrote here man? Fight with your demons and complexes please.
CarFan1 (02-05-2019)
Old 03-28-2019, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c class 2017
Same problem brother

Hello i bought the same car and with the same problem, i cant even imagine what kind of atupid technology the guys are just making our life more and more difficult. What are the first things to check after this kind of problems.

Old 03-29-2019, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Ali Bourgi
Hello i bought the same car and with the same problem, i cant even imagine what kind of atupid technology the guys are just making our life more and more difficult. What are the first things to check after this kind of problems.
You cannot start the car unless you have the Mercedes Xentry program -- period. No ways around it.
It also looks like you have frame damage and will have to have it structurally repaired and possibly put on a frame machine to be pulled.
Once you pull codes from the car you will see all that is needed electrically to fix it but will also need to replace the dash since the passenger airbag went off. There is also a Pyrofuse on the positive battery cable to the starter that more than likely blew and will need to replace the entire positive cable. Once you have the ECU reenabled to start you can jump the side of the cable to start the car again until it is replaced (the part that goes to the starter not the terminal post)
Old 05-02-2020, 03:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a200
Mercedes A200 2017 wont start after crash.

Hey guys I have read this form this morning because I have bought crashed Aclass from auction but it won’t start so I googled but learned soon it’s not my cup of tea so simply I have called my auto Electition who told me most Mercedes ECU’S get blocked after crash soo he needs to come and connect his computer to my car but he needs full battery so I used jump leeds on his arrival he only took 5 mins and charge me £90 to turn the engine on, cleared the crash data from my car Ecu. Hope this will help some one.

Last edited by Farrukh Saeed; 05-02-2020 at 05:18 PM.
DavidGo (10-14-2021)
Old 01-20-2021, 02:19 AM

Mercedes benz w124 cabrio
Accident mercedes vito

ok, guys problem was existed and thread was genuine just don't like the idiots who try to move me off topic with silly advice.
3 people came to start my car with their computers, two first was very confident over the phone and gave me a big hope for small money resolve the big problem.
first one came with Star (xentri) machine was sitting in car for two hours without luck, he's machine detected only 36 ECU from 39 existing, engine, transmission and fuel pump ECUs wasn't come up so the problem can not be seen. he said the more time needed and left without payment.
second tryer was the same, no start no money.... but he said that the main 3 ECU are blocked after the crash and can be unlock with proper MB software only.. left as well
so I went to the neighbour garage man who offer me the guy for 500 pounds job to start the car for 100%, I mention about it on the top of this topic. i agree to call him with big doubt to have some positive result.
the man came on his small MB, very tall somalian guy, he even did not great any one, just connect my car to the jump links with his vehicle to have a right voltage and climb into the car, when we seen the open window we came closer and ask if the main ECU are visible, he confirmed it is and close the window just almost my nose trapped.
i left to the cash machine to get the cash when the man next garage rang and said the money was paid and man left, car run, all system work and faults cleared, only one front passenger side crash sensor need to be installed, i found it on crash bar with snapped wires ( fix), thats the story.
man next garage said that Somalian got proper mercedes machine with connection to the main data base somewhere in US and he pay membership or some fee for each access which is not cheap so thats the price then. that all I can say.
now I need my painters to came back on second of Jan and we gona paint the car, all parts are bought, I replaced all deployed airbags and took away blocked seat belts, will send them over to Poland for recondition.
thanks to all who read.
Hi am having a similar problem with my mercedes benz vito
It's any chance to talk to you about it ASAP
07795220397 regards darek
Old 02-26-2021, 04:44 PM

W213 W639
Hi, did your car had any power at all? Or just starter didn’t want to crank? My one has no power whatsoever. And where exactly is the pyrofuse if it has one? W213 estate
Thanks
Old 10-03-2021, 08:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
250d Blue Tech sport C Class 205
good topic, heres another way of getting your car to start after a crash

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Won't start after light accident