E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Carpet Mat Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2019 | 07:27 PM

2018 E400 Coupe, 2016 Audi A6 3.0
Carpet Mat Problem

Went to vacuum my wife’s 18 E400 and pulled up the drivers side mat. It completely ripped off the stays that the mat snaps into. Brought it to the dealer. I guess the whole interior carpet has to be replaced now. I can’t see them replacing those pieces. Never had this happen in any of my autos ever.
Old 01-12-2019 | 09:17 PM

e300
When I put my weather tech floor liners in they snapped in very very tightly. One day when I went to clean them i couldn’t get them off the snaps. I pulled so hard it popped off the snaps. I got them out of the floor mat holes and was able to reinstall them. I used my shoes/weight to get them back on the posts. Never had a problem since.

I don’t know why you would need to replace the carpet because the posts that hold the snaps are not attached to the carpet, they go through and sit above the carpet.

Pictures please
Old 01-14-2019 | 07:39 AM

2018 E400 Coupe, 2016 Audi A6 3.0
Originally Posted by mobster600
When I put my weather tech floor liners in they snapped in very very tightly. One day when I went to clean them i couldn’t get them off the snaps. I pulled so hard it popped off the snaps. I got them out of the floor mat holes and was able to reinstall them. I used my shoes/weight to get them back on the posts. Never had a problem since.

I don’t know why you would need to replace the carpet because the posts that hold the snaps are not attached to the carpet, they go through and sit above the carpet.

Pictures please
You are correct. It was dark when it happened. There was a little round protruding button which is now gone and I can see where it is inserted. So, no, new carpet will not be needed. Do not know how well the picture shows it.