E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Merc. e220d AMG Line W213 - 2017 (reg 67)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W213 AMG LINE
Merc. e220d AMG Line W213 - 2017 (reg 67)

Hello All

this is my first topic and buying a new car pushed me to come on here for advise

i had been searching for Merx e220d amg line for a while and finally purchased one recently, in England.

I am confused to why some models have a different centre console: for example it looks identical but the - touchpad - is missing in my car.

why is that!?

although same models 2016/2017 have the touchpad and makes me wonder if my car is missing some options or what is it used for ... !?

from my understanding the touchpad adds more functions eg. touch, slide through navigations easily and even use the touchpad to write the post code etc - or am i wrong!?

anyway, can somebody advise, to why it is missing and if I happen to get the whole centre console changed with another one which has the touchpad > will it function!?

Or maybe, because the car has some options on the steering wheel then they removed it from the centre console !?

anyway, lets see what you can advise

cheers guys

BuCki
Old 07-06-2019, 03:29 PM

Received 107 Likes on 91 Posts
2021 M550i
they touchpad cost more, honestly i dont think anyone hardly uses it.
Old 07-06-2019, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W213 AMG LINE
Originally Posted by jhpmbusa
they touchpad cost more, honestly i dont think anyone hardly uses it.
Hmmm i got the reg 67 which is second series in 2017 and i have seen cars older than my series that have the touchpad lol

so i am curious to know if this is only specific edition like E220d SE (special edition or standard edition - what is it?)

or is it rather they removed it and replaced the pads on the steering wheel!?

also, on the keyfob the boot has a sign with an arrow on both ends, implying that you can open the boot and close the boot with the key ... but i cannot close it lol

wonder if my car does not support closing the boot remotely ... hmm.
Old 07-07-2019, 04:24 AM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
E Class Estate S213
Originally Posted by Bucki
Hello All

this is my first topic and buying a new car pushed me to come on here for advise

i had been searching for Merx e220d amg line for a while and finally purchased one recently, in England.

I am confused to why some models have a different centre console: for example it looks identical but the - touchpad - is missing in my car.

why is that!?

although same models 2016/2017 have the touchpad and makes me wonder if my car is missing some options or what is it used for ... !?

from my understanding the touchpad adds more functions eg. touch, slide through navigations easily and even use the touchpad to write the post code etc - or am i wrong!?

anyway, can somebody advise, to why it is missing and if I happen to get the whole centre console changed with another one which has the touchpad > will it function!?

Or maybe, because the car has some options on the steering wheel then they removed it from the centre console !?

anyway, lets see what you can advise

cheers guys

BuCki
1. Touchpad - the absence is not due to age, but specified options at time of initial order. There are no additional features on steering wheel. The touchpad does offer a number of additional features but your car does not have it, and I doubt without huge cost, effort, coding it could be added.

Hope this helps? - there are so many variations and options with these cars it is very difficult to see what you have unless you do a spec download via VIN. Someone may be able to help you with that.