E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Adjustable Suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 11:15 AM

Received 125 Likes on 92 Posts
2020 MB E450 Estate, 2019 Kia Niro Touring
Originally Posted by jhpmbusa
So your saying the system allows me to change to 4 different suspension settings, but it is absolutely doing nothing? This is very interesting.... according to my owner's manual it should be making the drive more sportier lol. Is this not accurate?
AFAIK, the manual never says changing driving modes changes the suspension settings (unless you have the Air Body Control suspension, in which case it does). They aren't "4 different suspension settings", they're 4 different Driving Modes. Depending on what you have onscreen when you change the mode, the screen tells you exactly what will change, which is normally (and I probably have the wording wrong): 1) Engine & Transmission Response, 2) Steering Response and 3) ESP on/off. With the air suspension I believe it adds 4) Suspension setting.

See my quote about 4 posts above from the manual, where I inquired about Air Body Control and Dynamic Body Control.
Old 07-25-2019, 03:21 PM

Received 107 Likes on 91 Posts
2021 M550i
Originally Posted by rraisley
AFAIK, the manual never says changing driving modes changes the suspension settings (unless you have the Air Body Control suspension, in which case it does). They aren't "4 different suspension settings", they're 4 different Driving Modes. Depending on what you have onscreen when you change the mode, the screen tells you exactly what will change, which is normally (and I probably have the wording wrong): 1) Engine & Transmission Response, 2) Steering Response and 3) ESP on/off. With the air suspension I believe it adds 4) Suspension setting.

See my quote about 4 posts above from the manual, where I inquired about Air Body Control and Dynamic Body Control.
Gotcha, just checked my car and there are 3 settings for ESP - comfort, sport and sport +. Considering there are 3 choices, maybe its not an on/off, but maybe on, off and partial off?.... no clue..
Old 07-25-2019, 03:37 PM

Gotcha, just checked my car and there are 3 settings for ESP - comfort, sport and sport +. Considering there are 3 choices, maybe its not an on/off, but maybe on, off and partial off?.... no clue..
Are there 3 settings for ESP under an ESP menu somewhere? Or is ESP listed in the driving Mode information for (Eco), Comfort, Sport, Sport+? What I saw was under the driving Modes, it listed ESP for each (of the ones I set and remembered); I assume it would say ESP-Off if it were turned off for that mode. The instrument panel has an ESP (on) and ESP-OFF indicators. And where I've seen the Mode details listed, it just said ESP (which may be on all settings by default, but I don't know). And of course Manual, where you you can set all available to the desired positions, including ESP On or Off.
Old 07-25-2019, 05:08 PM

Received 107 Likes on 91 Posts
2021 M550i
Originally Posted by rraisley
Are there 3 settings for ESP under an ESP menu somewhere? Or is ESP listed in the driving Mode information for (Eco), Comfort, Sport, Sport+? What I saw was under the driving Modes, it listed ESP for each (of the ones I set and remembered); I assume it would say ESP-Off if it were turned off for that mode. The instrument panel has an ESP (on) and ESP-OFF indicators. And where I've seen the Mode details listed, it just said ESP (which may be on all settings by default, but I don't know). And of course Manual, where you you can set all available to the desired positions, including ESP On or Off.
if you go into the individual setting, you can mix and match any of the adjustable settings - such as steering engine and esp. This is where ESP will give you 3 choices. As far as i can tell, no other indicators are shown on my 2018 e300 regardless what setting i put on for ESP - so i dont think its turning off traction control haha which is pretty comical to do anyways on an e300 anyways
Old 07-26-2019, 01:21 AM

if you go into the individual setting, you can mix and match any of the adjustable settings - such as steering engine and esp. This is where ESP will give you 3 choices. As far as i can tell, no other indicators are shown on my 2018 e300 regardless what setting i put on for ESP - so i dont think its turning off traction control haha which is pretty comical to do anyways on an e300 anyways
Good to know. Well, if it is a 4MATIC, they could remove ESP on just the front, or just the rear. If 2-wheel drive, maybe 2 tires, 1 tire, no tires? Those options would make for some interesting handling, even with an E300. ;-)