E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Car wash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 10:53 AM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 R230 SL-500 / 2017 E300
Car wash

I've been posting here since we recently bought our 2017 E300, mostly to learn about the car. There's a lot to love about it and my only real complaint so far is the run-flat tires giving a hard ride. This post is more of an annoyance but I'd like to hear that I'm not the only one who has noticed it.

The problem is when I put the car through a car wash little pieces of the cloth brushes are tearing off and getting stuck to the car between the headlamp assemble and the front fender. The scraps of cloth are jammed into the crease so hard that I had to use a pliers to remove them the last time it happened. This has happened at both the dealership and at our local car wash.

So has anyone else had this happen? I'm looking forward to showing it to the dealer the next time I take it there for a wash.

Has anyone else seen this?

Mike.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:35 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
2019 E200 sedan
Never has happened to me and i regulary wash my car at a car wash. But it does use larger rubber like bristles so might be the difference. Look around for other car washes where this problem doesnt occur or go to a hand wash place, usually marginal price difference and oftentimes the basic hand wash is better than the basic program.