E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Problem playing media card in order of recorded album

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 07:18 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 E300W
Problem playing media card in order of recorded album

Some help requested here. I downloaded 3 CD's to a media card. The music is recognized but plays in random order. I asked the dealer for the correct way to move though each album in order and was told to use the console wheel. That doesn't work as the playing song skips among the 3 albums. If I let the songs play on their own, the same result: random selection among the 3 albums. I've unchecked random play in COMAND but that doesn't work.
So my question is how to play each album in order.
Thanks.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:32 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2020 MB E450, 2007 VW GTI
I don't have an answer, but the latest user manual says that tracks are played in the order in which they are stored on the storage medium. I'm not sure how you can view the media to determine the order in which they were written onto the media, nor how you could change that order if they're already on the media.

Old 10-08-2019, 08:13 PM

2017 E300W
Thanks. That's what I saw in the manual. But I have 3 albums, recorded in order, yet the songs played among them are random. It's so frustrating that my wife promises to get me the MB in-glove box CD player for Christmas!

I have over 1,200 CD's from Telarc, Deutche Gramaphone, etc., and the quality is inferior when I play from my recorded memory card. This is compared with my previous E Class with a CD player.
Old 10-09-2019, 08:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,751 Likes on 1,121 Posts
2016 E350 Sport
"...played in the order it appears on the data storage medium" means in both alphabetic order and numeric order.

When I download music from the i-net, the songs are usually in an Album folder with each song numbered (1-X), but are ordered alphabetically.

To play them in track order, I click the sort icon (the # symbol) at the top of the track list (in Windows "File Explorer") to sort the (already numbered) songs from first (number) to last, and they will play in numeric order. Albums are played in similar alphabetic order, unless you rename the album folder to add a number to the beginning of the name.

I have a complete (34 album) collection by one artist, and they are ordered from earliest (first) to most recent (last) by renumbering the albums, 1. Album Title to 34. Album Title.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:47 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Infiniti M35x
Woah, there is an in glove box cd player? When did that happen?
Old 10-11-2019, 05:24 PM

2017 E300W
It's an option on some models but is available as a dealer-installed accessory for the W213. I'd gladly give up my Air Balance gadget and yield that space to a CD player.