E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Easy Entry System Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2019, 09:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2020 E450
Unhappy Easy Entry System Issue

I just picked up a 2020 E450 a couple of weeks ago. When the salesman went over the options with me he setup the easy entry
system for the steering wheel and the seats to adjust automatically when you get in and out of car. It worked at that point and
then I noticed a couple days later that it stopped working. I setup an appointment with service and the technician said that he
updated the software and now it’s working again. He said that I needed to reset the seat memory because that was lost during
the update. When I left the dealer the easy entry system was working. When I got home I set the memory on the seat and the easy
entry system stopped working. Apparently that’s probably how I lost the function of this system the first time when I originally set
the memory on the seat. Bringing car back to dealer next week. Has anyone experienced this issue?

Last edited by Nlist58; 11-28-2019 at 09:27 AM.
Old 11-29-2019, 09:56 AM

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe C238
Couple of things to check:
  1. Check your User Profile selection (1, 2, Guest) and ensure it is the one you have saved your settings to for the Easy Entry. (see Creating a user profile under User Profile in the manual)
  2. Resetting a seat setting and not saving the setting will result in a reset to the original setting of the number you memorized. It should not affect the easy entry of the profile because they are independent. (See Using the Memory Function in the manual)
  3. Before any trip to the dealer... Backup your settings so they can be restored after a system reset or update. You will need an SD card inserted to perform this function. (See Data import and export in the manual)
Old 11-29-2019, 11:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2020 E450
I created a user profile with the easy entry system set. I’m not clear what this is supposed to do. Easy entry system still not working. If I backup the profile and they update the software and the easy entry system is working what will restoring the user profile do?
Old 11-29-2019, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 797 Likes on 629 Posts
Restoring a profile add back any settings included in the backup such as radio station presets, navigation destinations, points of interest, ...
The following users liked this post:
NewYorker555 (11-30-2019)