E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Do I own a unicorn e300?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 04:42 PM

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 E300, P3, Sport, Driver's Assist, HUD, Multibeam, Multicontour, Pano. Black on Black
Question Do I own a unicorn e300?

Sup all!
I'm in the LA area, and I've owned my 2017 e300 for about a year now and I beyond love it. I was stuck on a Premium 3 car, and don't regret it for even a second. I was considering buying another one for the wife, but I can't seem to find another one that has similar spec to mine. CPO/Used is fine. Mine is Black on Black (but that doesn't matter) and has the following:
  • P03 Premium 3 package (too much to list, but with Driver's assistance, active front seats (massage/active side bolsters), Heads Up Display, Surround View Camera, Multibeam LED headlights and more)
  • 421 Sport Package II (AMG look with wheels, skirts etc)
  • H06 Brown Ash Wood interior trim (not the usual black wood)
  • 401 Ventilated Front Seats
  • 413 Panoramic Roof
  • Burmester (not very unique)
Can someone tell me if this is somewhat rare? I have checked CPO and used car sites for the past 6 months, and can't seem to find one like this or even similar.
Most are Premium 2, and the 3 cars I found with P03 didn't have some of the stuff I actually appreciate (HUD, active seats).

Can someone shed some light on this?
My sales guy told me I ended up buying a unicorn... I'm starting to think that too.

Thanks!
Old 12-04-2019, 08:20 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
E300

Last edited by Cerave; 12-05-2019 at 02:04 AM.
Old 12-05-2019, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,165 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
Rare doesn't mean valuable. But yes, technically based on the number of cars sold and the combinations you can get, every car could be one of a kind and there are probably cars with combinations that were never made. Most cars were probably ordered by the dealer so they didn't tend to load them up too much because if they did, the price would be too high and they wouldn't sell. The rare ones are the custom orders where the buyer loaded them up even more than a dealer would. Those are the truly rare ones. I've bought mine like that using the vin decoder to find cars with the most options, but they take a while to find.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:02 AM

Received 93 Likes on 70 Posts
MB W213 E300 4MATIC Luxury Model
Originally Posted by sardarji
Sup all!
I'm in the LA area, and I've owned my 2017 e300 for about a year now and I beyond love it. I was stuck on a Premium 3 car, and don't regret it for even a second. I was considering buying another one for the wife, but I can't seem to find another one that has similar spec to mine. CPO/Used is fine. Mine is Black on Black (but that doesn't matter) and has the following:
  • P03 Premium 3 package (too much to list, but with Driver's assistance, active front seats (massage/active side bolsters), Heads Up Display, Surround View Camera, Multibeam LED headlights and more)
  • 421 Sport Package II (AMG look with wheels, skirts etc)
  • H06 Brown Ash Wood interior trim (not the usual black wood)
  • 401 Ventilated Front Seats
  • 413 Panoramic Roof
  • Burmester (not very unique)
Can someone tell me if this is somewhat rare? I have checked CPO and used car sites for the past 6 months, and can't seem to find one like this or even similar.
Most are Premium 2, and the 3 cars I found with P03 didn't have some of the stuff I actually appreciate (HUD, active seats).

My sales guy told me I ended up buying a unicorn... I'm starting to think that too.

Thanks!
No, just an uniquely ordered car. You can special order to the exact specifications. Some dealers took the risk of ordering P3 cars and they started on the lots for months because most are leased an most people didn’t want to invest $70,000+. I have a fully loaded 2017 E300 with the Luxury model brown leather interior with burl walnut wood and gray exterior. The only two options it does not have are wood steering wheel and airmatic suspension

I really wanted both and had planned on special ordering the car because that’s what I have always done with my MB’s. It took me months to locate one within 100 miles of my home and received an amazing price after a good long negotiation.

I have received so many compliments on the combination. I service at another dealer closer to home and even there I have been told it’s a unique car because so few are also Luxury models.
Old 12-05-2019, 08:53 AM

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts
e300
It’s not rare because you can’t find one listed for sale. Lots of people bought these and are driving them. This is a 70k+ car, not many people spend 70k+ for an E class. I’d say you can find one, keep looking.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:52 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
W213 E43 Diamond White/ Designo Nut Brown
"Rare" would not be the word I use, but it's definitely not often to see all those options.
I have a E43 with all the options you have, plus something like the piano lacquer flowing lines trims, rear sunshade....
The only 2 missing options are Burmeister tweeter and acoustic package( really wish the car had cause mine runs on 20" wheels).
Anyway, enjoy all the tech the car has to offer. Cheers!
Old 12-05-2019, 04:47 PM

2017 E300, P3, Sport, Driver's Assist, HUD, Multibeam, Multicontour, Pano. Black on Black
Originally Posted by kingscorpian27
No, just an uniquely ordered car. You can special order to the exact specifications. Some dealers took the risk of ordering P3 cars and they started on the lots for months because most are leased an most people didn’t want to invest $70,000+. I have a fully loaded 2017 E300 with the Luxury model brown leather interior with burl walnut wood and gray exterior. The only two options it does not have are wood steering wheel and airmatic suspension

I really wanted both and had planned on special ordering the car because that’s what I have always done with my MB’s. It took me months to locate one within 100 miles of my home and received an amazing price after a good long negotiation.

I have received so many compliments on the combination. I service at another dealer closer to home and even there I have been told it’s a unique car because so few are also Luxury models.
Thanks for the reply... This seems to make sense. I think I have what someone probably custom ordered.
Old 12-05-2019, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by elnos
"Rare" would not be the word I use, but it's definitely not often to see all those options.
I have a E43 with all the options you have, plus something like the piano lacquer flowing lines trims, rear sunshade....
The only 2 missing options are Burmeister tweeter and acoustic package( really wish the car had cause mine runs on 20" wheels).
Anyway, enjoy all the tech the car has to offer. Cheers!
You're, right - it's not rare I guess, but I have yet to see something similar. It's likely been custom ordered I guess.
I have the rear-sunshade also, which I use more often than I thought I would in the LA summer time.

Thanks!
Old 12-05-2019, 04:55 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
'17 E300
I have the exact same car in White.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by West_Coaster
I have the exact same car in White.
haha. got mine from SD actually. Congrats, I love this car.
Old 12-06-2019, 06:35 PM

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts
2018 E300
Try and find a P3 car…it's worth it!
Old 12-09-2019, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by NFAREVIEW
Try and find a P3 car…it's worth it!
Yeah, I don't think I will buy a newer Benz without those features. They are really pricey up front - but really make the car a whole different animal.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:04 PM

Yeah, I don't think I will buy a newer Benz without those features. They are really pricey up front - but really make the car a whole different animal.
So true, same here. I had to special order my 2015 C300 Luxury model and I had to drive over 100 miles for my current 2017 E300 Luxury model. I go one step further, I purchased the existing 2017 E300 and refuse to obtain another MB until they have software updates like Tesla. The Distronic in the 2017 E300 is way more advanced than the one in the 2015 C300. I can only imagine how much better overall is the 2020 MY.

MB needs to start respect customers and their hard earned money. These are not cheap cars and I guarantee that they would sell a lot more automobiles if they implemented these software updates. I rest my case
Old 12-09-2019, 07:07 PM

So true, same here. I had to special order my 2015 C300 Luxury model and I had to drive over 100 miles for my current 2017 E300 Luxury model. I go one step further, I purchased the existing 2017 E300 and refuse to obtain another MB until they have software updates like Tesla. The Distronic in the 2017 E300 is way more advanced than the one in the 2015 C300. I can only imagine how much better overall is the 2020 MY.

MB needs to start respect customers and their hard earned money. These are not cheap cars and I guarantee that they would sell a lot more automobiles if they implemented these software updates. I rest my case
Yeah, true. I don't see why they can't update the software on the car. Seems like it should be easy enough to do, but I think they don't have the training out at the dealer level to get it done. I don't think too much has changed in terms of the sensors and cameras.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:58 PM

Yeah, true. I don't see why they can't update the software on the car. Seems like it should be easy enough to do, but I think they don't have the training out at the dealer level to get it done. I don't think too much has changed in terms of the sensors and cameras.
Even to receive a Nav/command software update the dealer will not do it unless you are experiencing issues. That’s downright ridiculous in my opinion
Old 12-10-2019, 05:17 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 E300W

Thanks!
Check your PM.
Old 12-10-2019, 08:00 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Even to receive a Nav/command software update the dealer will not do it unless you are experiencing issues. That’s downright ridiculous in my opinion
And this is why in accordance to MBUSA direction concerning COMAND updates:

Old 12-10-2019, 08:33 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
All E classes are pretty rare
Old 12-10-2019, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by konigstiger
And this is why in accordance to MBUSA direction concerning COMAND updates:

A bunch of crock if you ask me. This is their way of not accepting accountability for their product
Old 12-10-2019, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 797 Likes on 629 Posts
Unless there is a specific issue to be resolved, why do you expect free product upgrades? Most consumer products such as cars, trucks, televisions or large appliances don't offer free upgrades. If I want new vehicle features I'll buy a new vehicle. BTW - My neighbor pays ~$40 per month for navigation and updates for his 2020 Cadillac.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:09 PM

E300
I don't blame Mercedes for not updating the software. They aren't a software company anyway. I'd rather have them focus on the way the car drives.
However, if there are glitches, then a software update is reasonable. Most (all) computer systems need a reboot here and there. Holding down the power button in the center console can reboot the system.

I think I read on here that a COMAND update can help with bootup times. That may be worth an update because the COMAND is awfully slow to boot up. It's not unusable, though. Patience helps with that.
New software updates can introduce new glitches. So if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by ua549
Unless there is a specific issue to be resolved, why do you expect free product upgrades? Most consumer products such as cars, trucks, televisions or large appliances don't offer free upgrades. If I want new vehicle features I'll buy a new vehicle. BTW - My neighbor pays ~$40 per month for navigation and updates for his 2020 Cadillac.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion but I guarantee you in the minority with that opinion
Old 12-10-2019, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Cerave
I don't blame Mercedes for not updating the software. They aren't a software company anyway. I'd rather have them focus on the way the car drives.
However, if there are glitches, then a software update is reasonable. Most (all) computer systems need a reboot here and there. Holding down the power button in the center console can reboot the system.

I think I read on here that a COMAND update can help with bootup times. That may be worth an update because the COMAND is awfully slow to boot up. It's not unusable, though. Patience helps with that.
New software updates can introduce new glitches. So if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Hopefully you also don’t update your phone or computer either!!!
Old 12-10-2019, 01:22 PM

E300
Hopefully you also don’t update your phone or computer either!!!
Just because an update is available doesn't mean it's going to be great. Hardware has a lot to do with it too. Ever tried updating an old computer to new software? Runs like sh*t. I updated my older iPhone to iOS 13 and it's glitchy. I don't like it in terms of stability. New features at the cost of stability.

The COMAND is always changing. New software AND hardware. Now there's MBUX. You can't expect them to handle all these versions. Maybe you can get a Tesla so they can send you updates on the regular.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Cerave
Just because an update is available doesn't mean it's going to be great. Hardware has a lot to do with it too. Ever tried updating an old computer to new software? Runs like sh*t. I updated my older iPhone to iOS 13 and it's glitchy. I don't like it in terms of stability. New features at the cost of stability.

The COMAND is always changing. New software AND hardware. Now there's MBUX. You can't expect them to handle all these versions. Maybe you can get a Tesla so they can send you updates on the regular.
It’s not like updating a 5 or 10 year old car. It’s a MY or 2. Tesla does it and MB certainly can do the same. They are finally bringing an all electric model to market to be competitive and will be left behind if the continue to operate like dinosaur. Again to each his own and entitled to our own opinions

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do I own a unicorn e300?