E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Bluetooth and the W213

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2019, 09:46 AM

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts
Porsche Cayman S, Mercedes W213, Nissan Titan, BMW X5, Chevrolet Suburban
Bluetooth and the W213

With the arrival of Christmas and all its related errands and tasks, I've been jumping from one vehicle to the next (sometimes in less than an hour.) I discovered Christmas eve that the volume control on the center console of the e-class adjusts the volume control on my phone. On the three other cars in the household turning the volume up in the car affects the sound in the vehicle but doesn't actually adjust the volume setting on the phone. I only noticed this because I'd keep having to adjust the phone volume higher each time I got in a car immediately after driving the Mercedes.

However I never needed to make any adjustments after switching from say the BMW to say the Porsche or even my mother in law's Chrysler. I got in the Mercedes with my phone in my hand and watched the phone volume move exactly in sync with the vehicle's volume control on the console or the steering wheel. Is this normal? And why is the volume never elevated in the Mercedes? For instance after turning the volume on the phone back up to 3/4 setting so that the sound in the BMW is rich and robust. I can get out, get in the Mercedes and the sound level indicator on the phone drops down instantly to the setting last used in the Mercedes.

I only listen to Bluetooth because we have a lifetime subscription to SiriusXM and in the Mercedes with the Burmeister I listen only about 2 -3 on a 1 - 10 scale. On my phone I notice that the the volume indicator is at the same level -- which is too low to listen to in the X5 or the Titan. So I turn the phone level up to 7 or so on a 1 - 10 scale to listen in the X5. Its a small annoyance and I probably would never have noticed it if I wasn't hot-swapping from one vehicle to the next. But I was wondering if anyone has this issue and whether there is a setting on the car to change it?
Old 12-29-2019, 09:44 AM

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts
Mercedes Benz e450 Wagon / Porsche 911 Cabriolet
My Samsung Galaxy S10 exhibits this same behavior. I prefer it to having two separate volume controls.