SUNTEK ULTRA VS XPEL MATTE ON DESIGNO PAINT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 11:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E43 AMG
SUNTEK ULTRA VS XPEL MATTE ON DESIGNO PAINT

Hey,
So I did a side by side comparison with what I observed from Suntek Ultra and Xpel Matte. After endless research, I noticed differences between both ppf's.
Suntek does have a reflective surface because it is clearer which can be glossy during regular sunlight. xpel is more matte but xpel changes the colour of the car slightly . On the 4th car(E53), the original paint is slightly different from the xpel ppf. Of course when the full car is done you won't notice it. everyone who has the original paint (Designo selenite Magno) wants to preserve the original look. imo, this is down to personal preference. there is no win win. They both offer great protection. xpel is more exclusive to some installers because they get discounts when they buy the film and use the DAP software which is what they use to cut the film. if you decide to go with xpel, get a gloss car and wrap it with xpel. saves you the cost of the paint because you won't see the actual finish of the paint. xpel to me looks like a wrap and I don't like wraps. Suntek gives you the actual colour but it is like a semi gloss matte finish.

if anyone can prove me other wise, please provide your pictures and explain why.
The following users liked this post:
6speeddave (01-02-2020)