E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Additional Adjustment for Seat Height?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 06:58 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 E300W
Additional Adjustment for Seat Height?

My wife finds that the driving position is too low for her, even with the seat set to the highest position. Does anyone know whether the dealer can further adjust the seat mechanism for added height?
Old 01-20-2020, 08:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2020 E450 Estate (currently negotiating order),2007 Lexus ES 350, 2010 Subaru Outback
TPAbnz, I'd laugh it I wasn't crying. My wife is only 4'9" tall. I actually contacted MB Corporate to ask/complain about the front seat design for smaller people. They said, and it's in the owners manual I read, that the seats are designed for people 5' or taller. They also use this for their front air bag system design. MB Corporate recommended that my wife use a "booster seat" when using the front seat or consider just sitting in the back seat. I kid you not. She'll probably never drive the E I'm working to buy (doesn't like all of the tech, and can hardly put the TV on without calling me, seriously ... LOL). If she ever has to drive the E, in an emergency, I guess she'll have to use a seat cushion! Mercedes, the best or nothing!@#$#?