E class 220d 2017 in Melbourne Australia USB drive and Internet Connectivity

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2020, 10:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
E220d 2017
E class 220d 2017 in Melbourne Australia USB drive and Internet Connectivity

Hi Everybody,

I recently got my Mercedes Benz e220d 2017.

1) I want to know whether there is a way to transfer music/data to the Mercedes Benz console through USB. I can play music by connecting the USB drive into the USB slots but I didn't see any option of transferring data into the Mercedes infotainment system. Is there a Hard disk in the system where I can transfer audio/video files? If yes, how do I go about doing it?

2) Is there a way to play full screen videos? I could see a very small video with all the text info around it but didn't see an option to maximise it. Will only use when parked :P

3) This question is specific to Australia. Are there any options like send2benz available or is it a USA/Europe thing? I do have the Mercedes adaptor app. Can it be used to get available parking locations in the surrounding area (I heard that is possible in USA)?

4) I have the parking assist package. Can you park the car using an app while you are outside of it?

5) The headrest on front seat is not comfortable for me at all. I have tried moving it forward but it moves only up and down. Is it possible to tilt it as I seem to have quite a bit of gap between my neck and the headrest with no cushioning in between to support my neck.

Thank you in advance for any help provided.

Old 01-28-2020, 07:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 797 Likes on 629 Posts
1. There is no user storage in the entertainment system. Content resides on a USB device and/or a SD card. The devices can be selected for playback by menu.

2. Video can only be played when the car is in park. Playback can be expanded to take about 75% of the screen width. There are menu items vertically on the right to select options including "full screen".

3. ???

4. It is done via the MB Parking app that is on the app store for your phone. Only certain countries are allowed. AFAIK Australia is not on the list.

5. The headrest does not move forward/back. Third party cushions can be attached to the headrest as necessary. There are some posts on the forum addressing the issue.
The following users liked this post:
tjanjua (01-28-2020)
Old 01-28-2020, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 223 Posts
E 300 AMG-Line diesel-Hybrid - 2021
3) how you mean mercedes adaptor app?
This app is for the after sales adaptor which one install the to get a connected car (mainly sold for older models)
seems you need to use the mercedes me app (and have the car registered on it by the dealer)
with this app you can send addreses directly to the car.
also when you are in other apps you can have those send the address (via mercedes me app) to the car

5) in my car the hearest CAN be adjusted. there's button on it (window side) to do so

Old 01-28-2020, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 797 Likes on 629 Posts
I wish that button was on my headrest.
Correction: I looked on the outside of the passenger seat - no button. I looked on the inside of the driver seat - no button. I failed to walk around the car. When I did the buttons were there. I did not think the button locations would be asymmetrical because other seat controls are uniform.

Last edited by ua549; 01-28-2020 at 10:47 AM.
Old 01-28-2020, 07:19 PM

E220d 2017
Originally Posted by ua549
1. There is no user storage in the entertainment system. Content resides on a USB device and/or a SD card. The devices can be selected for playback by menu.

2. Video can only be played when the car is in park. Playback can be expanded to take about 75% of the screen width. There are menu items vertically on the right to select options including "full screen".

3. ???

4. It is done via the MB Parking app that is on the app store for your phone. Only certain countries are allowed. AFAIK Australia is not on the list.

5. The headrest does not move forward/back. Third party cushions can be attached to the headrest as necessary. There are some posts on the forum addressing the issue.
Thank you kind sir. It is great to see such a helpful community out there.
Old 01-28-2020, 07:21 PM

E220d 2017
Originally Posted by Egonvdv
3) how you mean mercedes adaptor app?
This app is for the after sales adaptor which one install the to get a connected car (mainly sold for older models)
seems you need to use the mercedes me app (and have the car registered on it by the dealer)
with this app you can send addreses directly to the car.
also when you are in other apps you can have those send the address (via mercedes me app) to the car

5) in my car the hearest CAN be adjusted. there's button on it (window side) to do so
Thanks, I'll check whether I have these buttons in my head rest. If not, I'll look for third party cushions.
Old 01-30-2020, 12:27 AM

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
W213 Night Edition 220d. (ML250 SLK350AMG)
Originally Posted by tjanjua
Hi Everybody,

I recently got my Mercedes Benz e220d 2017.

1) I want to know whether there is a way to transfer music/data to the Mercedes Benz console through USB. I can play music by connecting the USB drive into the USB slots but I didn't see any option of transferring data into the Mercedes infotainment system. Is there a Hard disk in the system where I can transfer audio/video files? If yes, how do I go about doing it?

2) Is there a way to play full screen videos? I could see a very small video with all the text info around it but didn't see an option to maximise it. Will only use when parked :P

3) This question is specific to Australia. Are there any options like send2benz available or is it a USA/Europe thing? I do have the Mercedes adaptor app. Can it be used to get available parking locations in the surrounding area (I heard that is possible in USA)?

4) I have the parking assist package. Can you park the car using an app while you are outside of it?

5) The headrest on front seat is not comfortable for me at all. I have tried moving it forward but it moves only up and down. Is it possible to tilt it as I seem to have quite a bit of gap between my neck and the headrest with no cushioning in between to support my neck.

Thank you in advance for any help provided.
Hi,
Welcome. Melb also here. 2017 E220d here also.
Just some quick answers:
1. Will have to check as i thought you could. But if i have an ipod connected in the car, i just use that
2. Never tried videos before
3. No. The adaptor app is just that, really used for servicing and to log your trips. I found it to be useless. Essentially to use all of the Mercedes Me functions, as opposed to the Mercedes adaptor functions, the car has to come equipped with other smarts. These smarts were made available across the range from mid year last year.
4. No, that function is not available for Aus.
5. press the button in on the side of the headrest and you can move it fore and aft

tjanjua (01-30-2020)
Old 01-30-2020, 12:51 AM

E220d 2017
Originally Posted by mickhoog
Hi,
Welcome. Melb also here. 2017 E220d here also.
Just some quick answers:
1. Will have to check as i thought you could. But if i have an ipod connected in the car, i just use that
2. Never tried videos before
3. No. The adaptor app is just that, really used for servicing and to log your trips. I found it to be useless. Essentially to use all of the Mercedes Me functions, as opposed to the Mercedes adaptor functions, the car has to come equipped with other smarts. These smarts were made available across the range from mid year last year.
4. No, that function is not available for Aus.
5. press the button in on the side of the headrest and you can move it fore and aft
Thanks for the info man, would love to see pics of your car. Mine are provided in the following thread:
https://mbworld.org/forums/new-membe...ml#post7966454
Old 01-30-2020, 12:59 AM

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
W213 Night Edition 220d. (ML250 SLK350AMG)
Originally Posted by tjanjua
Thanks for the info man, would love to see pics of your car. Mine are provided in the following thread:
https://mbworld.org/forums/new-membe...ml#post7966454
Twinning

Exact same spec
E220d Night Edition (special edition), in exact same colour Iridium.
My car is at Mallacoota at the moment, so waiting for the roads to clear so I can head back there and pick it up.

:-)
tjanjua (01-30-2020)
Old 01-30-2020, 01:11 AM

E220d 2017
Originally Posted by mickhoog
Twinning

Exact same spec
E220d Night Edition (special edition), in exact same colour Iridium.
My car is at Mallacoota at the moment, so waiting for the roads to clear so I can head back there and pick it up.

:-)
haha that is awesome mate