E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Outside temperature stuck at 110F

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 e300
Outside temperature stuck at 110F

New to the forum just today. Earlier today I got my new to me 2017 e300 back from service. MB had to update the software to allow the garage door opener to retain its setting after the ignition is turned off and the bus sleeps (LI68.05-P-064396). They also replaced the main battery under warranty. I went out to check that the Home Link did in fact retain its settings, and as I backed out of the garage I noticed the outside temperature gauge rapidly increasing until stopped at 110F ( for the record, it is 51 degrees F). I drove about 5 miles, it never changed off of 110F. I don't know if this is from the battery replacement, the software update, or something that I can reset myself without going back to MB. Has anyone else ever experienced this, and is there a simple end user fix?
They did fix the opener.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:04 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,446 Likes on 3,154 Posts
'71 Pinto
Outside temperature sensor (b14) may have been dislodged if fine, may need replacement have dealer revisit.

Old 02-19-2020, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 e300
Unhappy

Originally Posted by konigstiger
Outside temperature sensor (b14) may have been dislodged if fine, may need replacement have dealer revisit.

While waiting for the messages to post, I tried again. The temperature spun up to 146F with car off, and the drivers door open! I assumed back to the dealer ( and the HomeLink had again failed).

Update this AM - I went out to the garage, opened the drivers door and it was back at 67F. I started and drove the car, it went down to 49 where it should have been and also the beloved Autostop / start feature began working. While I felt lucky, I re-programmed the Homelink. On the entire 16 mile drive into the office everything worked as expected, I'll check Homelink when I get hime.
So what can we make of this? It takes a several hour quiesce before the software changes are reflected? Or I have some anomaly on my car that will resurface again down the road?