Post for everyone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 02:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC 300 and E450 (2019)
Thumbs up Post for everyone

Hello everyone
i have been a car enthusiast for as long as i can remember and have enjoyed following this forum and the one for the E-Class for the last few months.
However, I have never written a post myself. Just lurking around
You guys are awesome! Very entertaining and helpful comments! Great praise!
However, I have noticed that the participation in the forum has decreased, probably due to the current situation. That's why I now bite the bullet and write my first own post =)
I love to read forum posts about pros and cons of cars, comparisons to other car types and experience reports.
So here is mine and I hope I can inspire you guys to do so.

My dealer from whom I bought the car knows me for a very long time.
I come by there from time to time and have a look at what he has on the parking lot. He is always very polite and has time for a coffee and a short chat.

About my E 450:
The car has very good performance and breathtaking acceleration. It has no trouble at all to overtake other cars.
The driving experience itself is also very smooth and the seats are very comfortable.
I really like the design of the rear end.
Another benefit are the LED headlights which are very bright.
The steering wheel heating works well and is pure luxury, especially in winter. However, the seat heating doesn't warm up well enough for me. what is it like in your car?
The brakes on my GLC squeaked for a while, but not on my E-class. In general it is very quiet when driving. No road noise and no loud wind noise either.
My windshield wipers jerk a little sometimes but not yet that bad that I would go to the repair shop.

From time to time I have a look in the shops of Audi and BMW, but I haven't found a model that would attract me to the competitors.

What are your experiences? For which car would you trade in your GLC and for what reasons? What do you like best / worst about your four-wheeled companions?

Cheers to all of you who could talk about cars all day long like me.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (04-10-2020)
Old 04-10-2020, 03:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,928 Likes on 3,094 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Welcome! Thanks for posting. Please post a photo of the E450. I enjoy my W166 GLE350.
Old 04-10-2020, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 575 Likes on 434 Posts
2019 E 450, 2016 E350 4matic (retired), 2018 Ford Edge Sport, 2008 Porsche Boxster
I too have an E450, 2019:

My heated seats are just fine: I use them in Vermont when the temps are below zero. After 5 minutes they are quite warm. After 15 minutes I must reduce the setting to one red from three.

My windshield wiper blades are finicky: sometimes perfect and then they start to "stutter" across the windshield. I have had them replaced and the same thing happens. Using the windshield washer fluid clears it up for 5 minutes, I use generic fluid, and then it comes back again. After a car washing, the blades are fine again - for a while.

I am beginning to think that any grime or film on the windshield makes the blades "stutter" and I have learned to live with it. The blades are extremely sensitive.

I have had no real problems with my E450. In fact it is one of the best cars I have ever owned. My problem is the cost - of course I knew that going in as I lease.

I have a confirmed reservation on a First Edition Mustang EV. I want to help out and go green. I intend to replace my E450 when the lease is finished with the Mustang and keep our Ford Edge Sport for long drives.

I just do not drive anywhere as much as I did even 5 years ago, so I find it harder and harder to justify nearly a $900 a month in lease payments for a car I drive, at most, 7,000 miles a year.

Welcome to the forum!
Old 04-10-2020, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 797 Likes on 629 Posts
I have a 2018 E300 that is almost 3 years old. I just encountered the first issue - driver's soft close door that doesn't quite close by itself. The E300 is the least costly to own and operate than my other cars. I use it strictly for in town driving due to its underwhelming performance. I have a BMW 5 Series for highway use. I pay cash for all of my purchases so I do not have lease or loan payments. The insurance is less than my other, older cars. I've driven Mercedes continuously since the 1960's. I usually keep my cars more than 6 years.
Old 04-10-2020, 10:34 PM

Received 125 Likes on 92 Posts
2020 MB E450 Estate, 2019 Kia Niro Touring
Originally Posted by JTK44
I am beginning to think that any grime or film on the windshield makes the blades "stutter" and I have learned to live with it. The blades are extremely sensitive.
I think it's something else. Mine stuttered when driving the car home from the dealership after first picking it up.
Old 04-11-2020, 01:57 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2019 A220
I have a 2020 with the magic vision wipers and they also stutter.

Originally Posted by rraisley
I think it's something else. Mine stuttered when driving the car home from the dealership after first picking it up.
I have a 2020 with the magic vision wipers and they also stutter. Seems like a problem with the wipers themselves. I’ll take it to the dealer someday....
Old 04-11-2020, 02:38 PM

Received 125 Likes on 92 Posts
2020 MB E450 Estate, 2019 Kia Niro Touring
Originally Posted by mustangn8
I have a 2020 with the magic vision wipers and they also stutter. Seems like a problem with the wipers themselves. I’ll take it to the dealer someday....
Mine's a 2020 too. What are "magic vision wipers"?
Old 04-11-2020, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Magic Vision wipers are laser drilled blades that apply washer fluid directly to the glass. They are very, very expensive. AFAIK it is no longer offered,

Last edited by ua549; 04-11-2020 at 02:51 PM.
Old 04-18-2020, 01:00 PM

GLC 300 and E450 (2019)
Originally Posted by chassis
Welcome! Thanks for posting. Please post a photo of the E450. I enjoy my W166 GLE350.
I'm glad you enjoy your car
I will post a photo after I get a chance to clean the car.
Old 04-18-2020, 01:03 PM

GLC 300 and E450 (2019)
I am very happy about the answers =)
Thank you guys.
It seems more people are having problems with the wipers. =(
Old 04-20-2020, 06:14 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2020 MB GLE 350
I have a 2017 MB E300 and I've had it for about two years now. I haven't had any major issues with the car that would compel me to trade out of it. One of the minor issues that I have had is; when attempting to roll the driver's side window up (auto feature) from being completely down the window will close completely, but then will open back up half way. The only way I can get the window to stay completely closed is use the control intermittently to raise it. It's an issue I haven't gone to the dealer yet for because it comes and goes.

Old 04-20-2020, 08:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There is a thread on this forum that explains how to reset window travel. IIRC it involves holding the switch for a period of time after you've lowered the window then do likewise raising the window.
Old 04-22-2020, 03:29 AM

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
E200, C250 CGI
Hi guys.. saw this post and though I would introduce my self.

I live in Melbourne, Australia and took delivery of 2018 E200 last 2 months ago.
I didn't realize at the time of purchase but my particular E200 was kind of sought after within the W213 E200 models.

For a period of 6 month, from June 2018 to end of 2018, Mercedes Australia offered Sports edition pack (worth around 10500 AUD) with leather seats among other Sports edition pack from different years.
Among some other features in Sports edition pack are the 13 Burmester Stereo, Heated front seats, HUD, Lower body kit, Black grill, illuminated scuff plates, Pano roof, and one of the sexist 20" AMG wheels.
Also I should mention that all Australian W213 comes with wide LCD screen display.
When I realize that other Manufactured year E200 had Artico (if leather seat are not optioned) even though Sports edition pack was added, I was so surprised!!

Any how, car has been absolutely fantastic so far... except one slight issue. There was this annoying rattling noise coming from the rear section of the ceiling.
Rattle happens when I go over bumps but last few of days ago, I managed to narrow it down to the rear right ceiling and I was pushing in and tapping the ceiling to investigate further.
But when I was doing this, I felt something just slotted in and the noise was gone. I haven't heard the rattle since then so far... fingers crossed.

Also on the 2nd week of delivery, when I was washing the car, (Handwash) the bonnet emblem was badly scratched. (Looked like dealer polished the **** out of the car causing scratches to the emblem)
And while researching for the part number and how to replace this emblem, I also found out that for overseas W213 models, there is suppose to be a collapsible crate in the boot under the carpet?
Mine didn't have this either.

So after calling up around, found a dealer that offered the best price and managed to get both of them for around 108 bucks.
So now I've got a brand spanking new emblem on the bonnet and a new crate which is handy when going shopping.

Ill try to see if I can post some photos on my off days but that's my story here...
Old 04-22-2020, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,165 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
The crate in the boot is the comfort box in the trunk in the US. I believe that was an option and not standard. Different markets get different set of options though. There's a bunch of different emblems out there that you can get on eBay. You could also put in the MB star logo, they basically fit all cars.