E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Experiences getting E63s front bumpers replaced?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2020, 09:33 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 E63s Sedan
Question Experiences getting E63s front bumpers replaced?

Damage to front bumper

Damage to front bumper

I damaged mine in the parking lot today! Stupid! Does anyone here have experience getting this part replaced? How much do you think it will run me?

2020 E63s Sedan
Old 06-17-2020, 10:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,933 Likes on 3,097 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Might be worth a phone call to your auto insurance agent, to see what the deductible is. Then call three dealers in your area for insurance estimates, and decide if that is a route you can, and want to, pursue.
Old 06-18-2020, 12:00 AM

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
2018 E63s
Oem front bumper cover is around $1800 + paint . Just had someone back into me at 2 miles an hour and the resulting damage was close to 5K but part of the cost was to replace PPF

The following users liked this post:
NewYorker555 (06-18-2020)
Old 06-18-2020, 09:04 AM

Received 110 Likes on 94 Posts
2021 M550i
both of those damages looks like it can be fixed quite easily without the replacement of the bumper? at least that what it looks like from the pictures.
Old 06-18-2020, 04:24 PM

2020 E63s Sedan
Originally Posted by chassis
Might be worth a phone call to your auto insurance agent, to see what the deductible is. Then call three dealers in your area for insurance estimates, and decide if that is a route you can, and want to, pursue.
Good point. I set my deductible to the max to save on my monthly payments and now I'm stuck on that end. I reached out to a few body shops around and they want between $700 to $900 for body work and painting but I also have PPF and ceramic coating so it's gonna be even more expensive so I'll probably go with one shop's suggestion to try and use a heat gun to flatten out the bent piece since that's the only thing that is visible unless you're underneath the car.

Originally Posted by HappE63s
Oem front bumper cover is around $1800 + paint . Just had someone back into me at 2 miles an hour and the resulting damage was close to 5K but part of the cost was to replace PPF
Oh man! I hope insurance took care of that! So steep for what looks like a small scrape.

Originally Posted by jhpmbusa
both of those damages looks like it can be fixed quite easily without the replacement of the bumper? at least that what it looks like from the pictures.
Exactly! I think I'm going to have one of the shops take a crack at using a heat gun to smooth out the bent piece since that the only real damage which is realistically visible. Have you had a shop use a heat gun on your car before?
Old 06-18-2020, 04:46 PM

Received 110 Likes on 94 Posts
2021 M550i
Originally Posted by NewYorker555
Good point. I set my deductible to the max to save on my monthly payments and now I'm stuck on that end. I reached out to a few body shops around and they want between $700 to $900 for body work and painting but I also have PPF and ceramic coating so it's gonna be even more expensive so I'll probably go with one shop's suggestion to try and use a heat gun to flatten out the bent piece since that's the only thing that is visible unless you're underneath the car.

Oh man! I hope insurance took care of that! So steep for what looks like a small scrape.

Exactly! I think I'm going to have one of the shops take a crack at using a heat gun to smooth out the bent piece since that the only real damage which is realistically visible. Have you had a shop use a heat gun on your car before?

If any auto body tells you you need to replace your bumper for that i would run haha. whether it be a heat gun or buffing out, trust me - they will make it look like new. I wouldnt be worried at all for something like that.
NewYorker555 (06-18-2020)
Old 06-23-2020, 04:49 PM

2020 E63s Sedan
Follow-up: I found a body shop which used a heat gun to soften the plastic and bend it mostly back into shape. Since the paint on the top side is undamaged it looks mostly better! I think I can live with it like this!
Lanzz (06-23-2020)