E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Me connect app

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 07:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2017 E300
Me connect app

Wondering if the Mercedez Me connect app can be installed in a 2017 year? And if yes how much will that cost me?
Old 07-05-2020, 03:28 PM
ByZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes E220d 2016
Your car should have the module pre-installed just needs to be activated by the main dealer plus if your car is older than 3 years you need to pay the subscriptions which in my case is about 70£/year car status + tracker both in the app.
The following users liked this post:
Ansabaj (07-06-2020)
Old 07-05-2020, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,487 Likes on 982 Posts
No more MB:(
If you have to ask...
Old 07-05-2020, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,897 Likes on 2,608 Posts
2019 C63CS
Mercedes Me connect only works for 2019 models and newer models. Older models use a different app and different online platform. It was called mBrace here in the USA. Looks like you are in Canada. Not sure what the situation is in Canada, but generally Canada has been lagging behind on the connected car features. Not sure if CA spec vehicles have the HERMES communication module preinstalled, which is required for the car to connect to the Internet. It would be listed on the detailed build sheet for your car, option code 362. There is also an aftermarket adapter for older vehicles or vehicles w/o the HERMES module as far as I know, but again, these things all depend on the specific market. The respective apps are also not available for download in markets where the feature was never officially available. Here in the USA the app for the older system is called Mercedes Me, and the new app for 2019 a newer models is called Mercedes Me connect. Some markets never got the old app, so the new Mercedes Me connect app is just called Mercedes Me, because the name was still available. You will need to investigate this specifically for Canada. Best to probably check with MB of Canada.

Old 07-06-2020, 12:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2017 E300
Originally Posted by superswiss
Mercedes Me connect only works for 2019 models and newer models. Older models use a different app and different online platform. It was called mBrace here in the USA. Looks like you are in Canada. Not sure what the situation is in Canada, but generally Canada has been lagging behind on the connected car features. Not sure if CA spec vehicles have the HERMES communication module preinstalled, which is required for the car to connect to the Internet. It would be listed on the detailed build sheet for your car, option code 362. There is also an aftermarket adapter for older vehicles or vehicles w/o the HERMES module as far as I know, but again, these things all depend on the specific market. The respective apps are also not available for download in markets where the feature was never officially available. Here in the USA the app for the older system is called Mercedes Me, and the new app for 2019 a newer models is called Mercedes Me connect. Some markets never got the old app, so the new Mercedes Me connect app is just called Mercedes Me, because the name was still available. You will need to investigate this specifically for Canada. Best to probably check with MB of Canada.

thank you so much for the detailed response. I’ll check with MB Canada directly