E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Live Traffice has not worked for months....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 11:10 PM

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
2018 E43
Live Traffice has not worked for months....

My Live traffic updates have not worked since mid March - because of WFH, I'm not driving that much anymore and it seemed to stop around then.... Really irritating that these crappy MBZ systems are not reliable. Remote start only works about 60% of the time as well. The bogus Benz telematics will most likely keep me from getting another one when this lease is done...rant over.

Is there an easy way to do something other than a full reset? Nav works, but no traffic. I checked the subscription and it is still active until 2021. I dont really want to reprogram everything after a reset, but my guess is that is the only way... Any insight appreciated....

Old 07-14-2020, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,897 Likes on 2,608 Posts
2019 C63CS
I don't know if there is a way to reboot the COMAND system. I actually meant to find out one of these days. I just scanned my owner's manual and couldn't find anything. It seems to have a watchdog, so if the system hangs it reboots itself. Happened only once to me, but I haven't found an easy way to manually reboot it so far. Perhaps somebody can confirm if there's an outage. I have a 2019 C63S Coupe, same updated COMAND as in the 2019+ W213 and Live Traffic is working fine. It has OTA update capability and an entire new online platform called Mercedes Me connect along with a new phone app. 2018 and older W213 are still using the older mBrace platform, so there could be an mBrace outage. Probably best is to press the Me button in the car and get support on the horn to find out if there is a known issue before trying anything in the car. They might also be able to reprovision the service from their end in case something got borked with your account.

Having said that there is also a recent thread about the Live Traffic service being discontinued at least for 3 years and older models. The traffic data comes from TomTom, and TomTom supposedly is no longer supporting it. There hasn't been clarity exactly on which models are affected and whether MB is migrating to a new service provider. I'm not actually sure the 2019+ models still get the traffic data from TomTom. MB is moving everything to the HERE platform. Most of it already is, but traffic was for some reason an outlier. Perhaps they are in the process of migrating it for the models that still use TomTom and have hit a snag. Mercedes Me support would be in the best position to know if anything on their end is broken.

Last edited by superswiss; 07-14-2020 at 12:30 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Frank Rizzo (07-14-2020)
Old 07-14-2020, 07:44 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2023 GLC 300 2022 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by superswiss
I don't know if there is a way to reboot the COMAND system. I actually meant to find out one of these days. I just scanned my owner's manual and couldn't find anything. It seems to have a watchdog, so if the system hangs it reboots itself. Happened only once to me, but I haven't found an easy way to manually reboot it so far. Perhaps somebody can confirm if there's an outage. I have a 2019 C63S Coupe, same updated COMAND as in the 2019+ W213 and Live Traffic is working fine. It has OTA update capability and an entire new online platform called Mercedes Me connect along with a new phone app. 2018 and older W213 are still using the older mBrace platform, so there could be an mBrace outage. Probably best is to press the Me button in the car and get support on the horn to find out if there is a known issue before trying anything in the car. They might also be able to reprovision the service from their end in case something got borked with your account.

Having said that there is also a recent thread about the Live Traffic service being discontinued at least for 3 years and older models. The traffic data comes from TomTom, and TomTom supposedly is no longer supporting it. There hasn't been clarity exactly on which models are affected and whether MB is migrating to a new service provider. I'm not actually sure the 2019+ models still get the traffic data from TomTom. MB is moving everything to the HERE platform. Most of it already is, but traffic was for some reason an outlier. Perhaps they are in the process of migrating it for the models that still use TomTom and have hit a snag. Mercedes Me support would be in the best position to know if anything on their end is broken.
Hold the power button down in the middle console for 10 to 15 seconds. This will do a full reboot of the Command system.

superswiss (07-14-2020)
Old 07-14-2020, 02:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 E class 4matic
Called MB 2 weeks ago on this and was told to check back after a week that they were working on the Live traffic issue. I do suspect it's tied to the termination of their relation with TomTom that has been discussed on the forum.
Frank Rizzo (07-14-2020)
Old 07-14-2020, 11:18 PM

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
2018 E43
So bogus.
Thanks for the replies....

Old 07-15-2020, 11:20 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2024 E 350
I had the same problem on mine. I first used the in-car button to call Mbrace and waited almost 30 minutes before someone picked up and then the support disconnected the call. However the next day they called me back on my cell phone! They tried to fix it but I had bad connection up on my hill where I live. I did tell them that I was getting my car picked up the next day for service so they told me to tell the service adviser to call Mbrace dealer support. When I got the car back my live traffic worked again. Apparently there was an update that needed to be done and it took overnight to finish, but now I'm good! Everything work and yes, most times the remote start doesn't work but it always work at the dealership!!
Frank Rizzo (07-17-2020)
Old 07-17-2020, 01:51 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
2024 E450 Sedan: 2019 E450 Coupe
Live Traffic has not worked for months

I have a 2018E400; traffic subscription expires 12/31/2020. Traffic stopped working, took the car in for service, The dealer worked on it for 1 full week, replaced the 2018 communication device, which communicates with mbrace, when I picked the car up, they said it appears to be communicating, but you need to drive it so it can complete the setup. Drove it a bit for 2 days, and then finally traffic wakes up... That trip was about 20 minutes... I assumed it was fixed. Next time I drove it about 30 minutes later, traffic no longer worked. I called the dealer and they told me mbrace was having issues and once theY fix it, they will send an over the air update. Another week has gone by and still nothing. I doubt the over the air update since they donot send any over air updates to a 2018.

I also have a 2019 E450 coupe, traffic has been working without interruption. 2019 has a different communication module and does not use mbrace..