E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Auxillery battery malfunction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2020, 06:02 PM

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts
W213 220d from 2016
Auxillery battery malfunction

Hi all, I have this auxillery battery malfunction error in my dash at the moment. I had it 2 times before, but it went away again(both times it lasted 2 days and then it was gone again) this time its gone on day 3 - and I have seen errors in the navigation(drives where there is no roads) reading speedsigns wrong and left side climate control button was not working(not able to turn the degrees up or down) speedsigns works again, so does climate control but navigation is still a mess. Is it time to change this aux. battery?

Forgot to mention that the 2 x 2 days has been in a period of 2 months... like with 3 weeks apart atleast

rgds Jake
Old 07-21-2020, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 240 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by JakeW213
Hi all, I have this auxillery battery malfunction error in my dash at the moment. I had it 2 times before, but it went away again(both times it lasted 2 days and then it was gone again) this time its gone on day 3 - and I have seen errors in the navigation(drives where there is no roads) reading speedsigns wrong and left side climate control button was not working(not able to turn the degrees up or down) speedsigns works again, so does climate control but navigation is still a mess. Is it time to change this aux. battery?

Forgot to mention that the 2 x 2 days has been in a period of 2 months... like with 3 weeks apart atleast

rgds Jake
I'd say it's a good place to start. it's not a battery, but a supercapacitor bank and the caps leak. You might want to scan for codes first, but the aux battery is a cheap thing to try since that's what it's been diagnosing.