E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Ambient Lighting Failed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w213 e220d
Ambient Lighting Failed

HI my ambient lighting has failed took to dealer today and they replaced the fuse (417 7.5a) but blown straightaway. They have said they tested the control module and this is fine. They think the fault is with a wiring short to ground so not covered by the Mercedes extended warranty. The car is going to an auto electrician in two days to be tested to see if the fault can be found. Anyone else have this issue with their cars? If so did you manage to fix and what was the cause?

Many Thanks
Old 07-31-2020, 01:55 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
none yet
Originally Posted by Lee Hough
HI my ambient lighting has failed took to dealer today and they replaced the fuse (417 7.5a) but blown straightaway. They have said they tested the control module and this is fine. They think the fault is with a wiring short to ground so not covered by the Mercedes extended warranty. The car is going to an auto electrician in two days to be tested to see if the fault can be found. Anyone else have this issue with their cars? If so did you manage to fix and what was the cause?

Many Thanks
hi year make model please ? genuine MB extended warranty does not cover?
ty
Old 08-31-2020, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w213 e220d
E220d 2016

Today i removed both rear door cards in case the issue was with the lighting there and whilst removed replaced the fuse again instantly blown when inserted.

Will try the two front door cards another day

Interested to know how i can isolate the dash lights and under front seat lighting to try and eliminate those pieces

Last edited by Lee Hough; 08-31-2020 at 09:13 AM. Reason: adding info