E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Live Traffic-2017 models

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2020, 03:45 AM

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts
E300
Live Traffic-2017 models

As others have posted, Mercedes stopped providing live traffic on 2017 models when the three year free trial ended. There was no way to renew live traffic, even for those who were willing to pay. We were told that live traffic for 2017 models was provided by TomTom and that Mercedes had terminated their relationship. Supposedly, it was not technically possible to continue receiving live traffic on these models. Several months ago,, I wrote a letter of complaint about this to Mercedes. I didn’t hear back and figured there was no resolution. Yesterday, I got an email from Mercedes customer service saying that, as a courtesy, they were renewing my live traffic for a year. I’m very happy about this but it does leave some questions: 1) if it’s true the Tomtom relationship is over , where is this live traffic coming from and how is it technically possible? 2) after the one year free extension, will I be able to purchase additional extensions? 3)If not, why not since it looks like it is possible to still get live traffic on 2017 models? Nice of Mercedes to provide this but I can’t help wondering about these things.

Last edited by Tiburonsteve; 08-20-2020 at 03:48 AM.
Old 08-20-2020, 03:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 298 Likes on 226 Posts
E 300 AMG-Line diesel-Hybrid - 2021
i recently extended with one year (after which my lease ends) but had the possibility to extend upto 3 years
I'm in France