E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Dim Dash - Intermittent

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2020, 12:51 PM

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
2018 C300 4 Matic
Dim Dash - Intermittent

Yesterday, when I started my e300 in my garage and shifted to reverse: The dash was so dim that I could not see what the rear view camera was showing and the dash was dim. Upon returning home after a short drive and entering the garage, I noted that the headlamps were on, I turned to car off and restarted it. Dash still dim tried various headlight positions to no avail. Backed out of the garage and the sunlight hit the car and the dash came back to normal. Drove to the Mercedes dealer and tried to duplicate my problem in the dim entry bay to the service garage.. No luck. Last evening after dark, I started the car - dash normal - no problem. No problem today.

Anyone else experience this? Fix?

Any help or inspiration will be greatly appreciated - my car is almost out of warranty.

Thanks.
Old 09-17-2020, 01:47 PM

Received 110 Likes on 94 Posts
2021 M550i
Originally Posted by abqhudson
Yesterday, when I started my e300 in my garage and shifted to reverse: The dash was so dim that I could not see what the rear view camera was showing and the dash was dim. Upon returning home after a short drive and entering the garage, I noted that the headlamps were on, I turned to car off and restarted it. Dash still dim tried various headlight positions to no avail. Backed out of the garage and the sunlight hit the car and the dash came back to normal. Drove to the Mercedes dealer and tried to duplicate my problem in the dim entry bay to the service garage.. No luck. Last evening after dark, I started the car - dash normal - no problem. No problem today.

Anyone else experience this? Fix?

Any help or inspiration will be greatly appreciated - my car is almost out of warranty.

Thanks.
Pretty sure you checked already - but there is switch on the left side near the light switch that lets you adjust it up and down. Did you try that?
The following users liked this post:
abqhudson (09-17-2020)