E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Console Wood-2017 E-350 Wagon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 06:03 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
2013 SL550 Edition 1 and 2017 GLS 550
Console Wood-2017 E-350 Wagon

Deleting this as I put E-350, when I should have put E400. Will re-post with right model.

Last edited by Stevieboy1; 04-14-2021 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Put wrong model. Will re-post
Old 04-14-2021, 11:06 PM

Received 93 Likes on 70 Posts
MB W213 E300 4MATIC Luxury Model
Originally Posted by Stevieboy1
I just purchased a 2017 MB E-400 Wagon, 37k miles, CPO car, from a Mercedes dealership in Oxnard, CA. Bought it on-line at Auto Trader and asked the pertinent questions and made a deal.

The first problem was that after agreeing on a price, I asked for a Vehicle Sales Contract 3 times before sending a deposit and finally got one, BUT...it included $799 for "Zurich Shield Upgrade." I told the dealership that I didn't want this and it wasn't discussed. They told me that it was already on the car and basically tough luck. This wasn't disclosed on Auto Trader, e-mails or personal conversation. I got to the sales manager, who basically told me the same thing that they couldn't take it off and I'd have to pay it or walk away. I really wanted the car & decided to swallow hard and pay this ridiculous add-on for paint and interior protecting. No offer to discount this, no offer to take it off, nothing. Pay or go away!

2nd problem - After I paid for the car and got it on 4/12/2021, I did a very careful inspection and found that the center console wood looks like someone took a chain and beat it! It has scratches all over and is completely unacceptable. I e-mailed the internet manager about this and some other interior leather issues and of course, now that the deal is done, nothing but crickets.

I have purchased CPO vehicles before from my LOCAL dealer and have had nothing like this. I want the wood either completely replaced or refurbished by a professional wood restorer. Does anyone know who or how to contact someone at MBNA that is in charge of the CPO program to bring this to their attention? I haven't checked, but I'm assuming that this replacement will run upwards of $1,000 or more. Additionally, I would like to discuss with them the bait and switch on the price and forcing the customer to spend $799 more than was agreed to, under the guise of "Well, it's already on the car and can't be taken off, so you'll have to pay for it!"

Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

Contact any MB dealer near you and provide them with your vin number. The wood replacement is approximately $400-$500 depending on which one so the black plastic should be less expensive. It’s not difficult if you are handy. I am pretty sure MB service department will install the replacement
Old 04-14-2021, 11:13 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
2013 SL550 Edition 1 and 2017 GLS 550
Thanks! Couldn't figure out how to edit the post to show the proper E-400, so deleted my original comments and re-posted. That's not bad, but it really makes me mad that they would pull this.