Simple Farkles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2021, 03:38 PM

Received 171 Likes on 108 Posts
2020 E450 Wagon
Simple Farkles

Hi All,

I did some simple farkling today. I switched my white side mirror covers with OE MB black ones. I want to do a black & white theme and remove all chrome trim from the exterior of the car. I'm planning on black vinyl wrapping all the chrome trim in June.

Here is a pic with the black mirror covers

My second farkle is the installation of a bumper protector. I ordered one and it was pure junk, very thin metal and looked cheap so never installed it. After much searching found a company in Germany called Kunzmann that had lots of accessories for the W213 wagons. I could spend a small fortune there but showed some restraint and just purchased this one item...for now
Funny thing, Kunzmann in Germany would only ship within Europe. I ended up finding a company in the UK that sold all the Kunzmann products and they had no concerns with shipping to the US. The bumper protector base is a thick piece of aluminum (aluminium for the rest of the world) with a nice piece of carbonfiber on top of the aluminum base.

Here is the interesting part of this whole purchase. The part was $150 and shipping was $118. So five days after it arrives a second one shows up. So I email them and tell them that they sent me two. I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to get charged for two. It was an error on their part and due to the high cost of shipping, they were not going to pay to have it shipped back. So, I don't need two of them, if anyone with a W213 wagon is interested let me know, we can workout a good deal.

Second one is still packaged for shipping as it arrived.

Old 06-26-2021, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 379 Likes on 250 Posts
2018 E63S Wagon, 2017 Z51 Corvette
I'm interested if you still have it.