Mercedes Roadside Assistance Eligibility

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2021, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
2017 E300
Mercedes Roadside Assistance Eligibility

A few years ago, I remember Mercedes changed their roadside assistance and removed it as a permanent feature that followed the car. Up until that point, every Mercedes had lifetime roadside assistance in the US. At the time of the change, I remember that the eligibility requirements were that if you continued to service your car at a Mercedes dealership, at least in the past year, you would still have free roadside. At the time, that seemed pretty fair to me as no other automaker in the US provided roadside assistance for the life of the vehicle.

I just checked on the current requirements and now that stipulation has been quietly changed again. Looks like if you are out of warranty, you are SOL and need to pay for it per use. Good thing so many premium credit cards come with roadside now...

Still this is a shame, Just an FYI

Roadside Assistance is complimentary for:
  • Any vehicle under Mercedes-Benz Warranty (New Vehicle Limited Warranty, Extended Limited Warranty or Certified Pre-Owned Warranty)
  • Any vehicle purchased directly from an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealership prior to January 4, 2011 and still owned by the original purchaser

Roadside Assistance is not complimentary, but can be purchased for:
  • Vehicles with an expired Mercedes-Benz warranty
  • Vehicles not purchased directly from an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealership prior to January 4, 2011
Old 04-29-2021, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 223 Likes on 195 Posts
2021 c300 Cab. Arrived 7/28/21 Arriving soon. 24 GLE 450e.
Originally Posted by joshg1001
A few years ago, I remember Mercedes changed their roadside assistance and removed it as a permanent feature that followed the car. Up until that point, every Mercedes had lifetime roadside assistance in the US. At the time of the change, I remember that the eligibility requirements were that if you continued to service your car at a Mercedes dealership, at least in the past year, you would still have free roadside. At the time, that seemed pretty fair to me as no other automaker in the US provided roadside assistance for the life of the vehicle.

I just checked on the current requirements and now that stipulation has been quietly changed again. Looks like if you are out of warranty, you are SOL and need to pay for it per use. Good thing so many premium credit cards come with roadside now...

Still this is a shame, Just an FYI

Roadside Assistance is complimentary for:
  • Any vehicle under Mercedes-Benz Warranty (New Vehicle Limited Warranty, Extended Limited Warranty or Certified Pre-Owned Warranty)
  • Any vehicle purchased directly from an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealership prior to January 4, 2011 and still owned by the original purchaser

Roadside Assistance is not complimentary, but can be purchased for:
  • Vehicles with an expired Mercedes-Benz warranty
  • Vehicles not purchased directly from an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealership prior to January 4, 2011
it looks like they changed it 10 years ago.
Old 04-29-2021, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
2017 E300
I feel like the service requirement was changed ten years ago but now it doesn’t even matter if you have services at a dealership. That is definitely a more recent change