E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

2? live traffic , and driver side window

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2021, 03:38 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
none yet
2? live traffic , and driver side window

hello all got into my car today and got the message "your live traffic subscription has expired" it also went on to talk about logging in and subscribing??? i think i know the answer there is no subscription it ends at 3 years and that it? correct ?
also my drivers side window when its like half way down and i go to put it up it rolls down instead its annoying any fix?

ty all
Old 05-05-2021, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,752 Likes on 1,122 Posts
2016 E350 Sport
Once the live traffic subscription expires, it is not renewable. All these W212s are now old enough that very few (if any) still have live traffic.

Per the manual, try resetting your driver's window... hold the button down and remain holding 5-6 seconds after it is down. Then hold the button UP 5-6 seconds after it is up.
Old 05-05-2021, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 801 Likes on 633 Posts
Re-calibrate the window. There are threads about how to do it. IIRC put the windows down all the way by holding the button then put the window up all the way while holding the button, repeat.
Old 05-05-2021, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,827 Likes on 2,557 Posts
2019 C63CS
The TomTom live traffic is end of live, which is what the W213 prior to 2020 or 2021 I think had, along with other models using COMAND 5.5 such as my 2019 C63S. The current model years on sale use HERE Traffic, and I strongly suspect they are in the process of migrating the older systems with TomTom to HERE Traffic. I'm saying this because my life traffic has been on the fritz since about February. I still have over a year left on the original 3 year subscription. I have an open ticket with Mercedes me connect support. A few weeks ago I got a notification on my phone that my Mercedes me services were updated. Nothing obvious had changed, but life traffic started to work again afterwards, so I'm pretty sure I got migrated to HERE Traffic. It's still down intermittently on some days, but it works a lot better now than it did for the last few months. The entire Mercedes me connect services seem to be on the fritz at the moment. I wasn't able to perform an online POI search the other day. They are in the midst of improving their entire digital platform and Mercedes me services and I'm sure COVID isn't helping, so I'm hoping it gets better soon. I've definitely noticed improvements, but it seems to be a moving target at the moment. They are slowly bringing back various services that got temporarily discontinued with the new Mercedes me connect app, but I'm assuming yours is older than 2019, so it's still using mBrace, which is a whole other story.
The following 2 users liked this post by superswiss:
FlightlessGreeb (05-06-2021), Lanzz (05-05-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 298 Posts
EQ
Try the window reset as others have recommended. One thing I notice is, if my window is down and I press the up button while going over a speed bump or anything like that it automatically goes back down. I assume this is a protection mechanism. It does however go up just fine once passed the speed bump.
Old 05-06-2021, 05:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 E400 S213
Originally Posted by superswiss
The TomTom live traffic is end of live, which is what the W213 prior to 2020 or 2021 I think had, along with other models using COMAND 5.5 such as my 2019 C63S. The current model years on sale use HERE Traffic, and I strongly suspect they are in the process of migrating the older systems with TomTom to HERE Traffic. I'm saying this because my life traffic has been on the fritz since about February. I still have over a year left on the original 3 year subscription. I have an open ticket with Mercedes me connect support. A few weeks ago I got a notification on my phone that my Mercedes me services were updated. Nothing obvious had changed, but life traffic started to work again afterwards, so I'm pretty sure I got migrated to HERE Traffic. It's still down intermittently on some days, but it works a lot better now than it did for the last few months. The entire Mercedes me connect services seem to be on the fritz at the moment. I wasn't able to perform an online POI search the other day. They are in the midst of improving their entire digital platform and Mercedes me services and I'm sure COVID isn't helping, so I'm hoping it gets better soon. I've definitely noticed improvements, but it seems to be a moving target at the moment. They are slowly bringing back various services that got temporarily discontinued with the new Mercedes me connect app, but I'm assuming yours is older than 2019, so it's still using mBrace, which is a whole other story.
Thanks for the update on this. I'm a 2017 owner and I'd be happy to pay for live traffic if it was possible to do so - doesn't seem to be but here's hoping for the future!