Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2021, 03:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e220D 2016 w213
E220D 2016 W213 CarPlay after SW 05.80.00.00 update

Hello guys,

Im new here. Looking for advice.
After reading some posts here seems its confirmed that after updating to SW 05.80.00.00

Apple CarPlay cannot be longer controlled by buttons in centre console. When you have connected CarPlay (lets say Waze, Google navigation) by pressing Navi button it turns you back to MB maps. Is this a mistake in latest SW build and MB bugg?

Might be someone of you guys know if there is any possibility to get back this functionality? Does it requires some difficult coding?

I understand that there are people of both river sides - some who like that the buttons control original MB software and others who prefer that buttons use currently active environment so there will always be debate between those two.
In my subjective opinion if you have Selected/Enabled CarPlay and set checkbox for "Start automatically when connected" - obvious wish would be to use center console buttons for controlling the CarPlay.
Might be some of you have already worked this out? would like to hear your stories.

One thing I should mention thou is that im Thankful that in the last build steering wheel sensor buttons have enabled the control over CarPlay especially the Spotify. That was a wonderful thing 😍

Thanks!
Old 09-08-2021, 03:31 AM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
E Class Estate S213
I agree it is a subjective thing, but I like that the buttons refer to MB native apps. CarPlay was designed and is ideally used via touch screen which most 213’s do not have. So the fact I can use my track pad, the selector dial and the steering wheel touch buttons to control CarPlay is perfect for me. I often use MB Nav at the same time as using CarPlay podcasts etc so works just as I like it. As I said at beginning though - very subjective!
Old 09-10-2021, 06:42 AM

Received 74 Likes on 44 Posts
2018 E400 Wagon, P3, Cavansite Blue Metallic, Designo Interior
I like the update because I can use CarPlay for music/podcasts/books/texts, etc. AND use either Apple Maps, Google Maps, Waze or M-B Nav now. Before, if CarPlay was running, I could only use one of the CarPlay navigation apps. Sometimes I'll use M-B Nav and CarPlay at the sametime when I want to have navigation information on the head's up display, which will not happen on my 2017 E300 for CarPlay navigation apps.

Plus, being able to use steering wheel buttons to control CarPlay is a major improvement for me.