E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Phone Transmission Volume Non Existant

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2021, 10:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Lexus IS
Phone Transmission Volume Non Existant

I have a 2020 E350 Sedan. Since day one I have had nothing but issues with the bluetooth. After a quick search here it seems I am not the only one. I have brought the car into service on three occasions.

Service #1- Dealer Duplicated Issue- Replaced Microphones In Headliner.

Service #2 Dealer Says It's Normal And Its Working Just Fine.

Service #3 New Dealer** Admits Something is Up But it May Be Software related and I'm beat.

I have had it, holding the phone up to my ear. Eventually I'm getting a ticket. I called the Newest Dealer I frequent and the service receptionist could not hear me at all until I switch to the phones speakerphone. She admitted clearly its still an issue and claims that shell be my witness the day I come in (early next week).

Im putting in a call to MBUSA because I can not for the life of me understand how they cant fix this. I am in the car often on calls for business and to have the phone up to my ear is just not practical. For that I would have bought a 1999 Camry which is what this cars beginning to seem like the equivalent of (difference is my wallet hurts).

Old 09-18-2021, 10:40 AM

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
2018 E43
Hey! FYI - I had the same issue with my 2018 E43. Was really pissing me off.
When they dropped the headliner around the microphone, they found the insulation came loose and plugged up the mic. They cleaned it out and it has been good about a month now. The bits would move around and that's why it would kind of work sometimes. When it happened I drove to the dealer and called the SA from the driveway on his cell.
Old 09-18-2021, 10:48 AM

Lexus IS
Originally Posted by Frank Rizzo
Hey! FYI - I had the same issue with my 2018 E43. Was really pissing me off.
When they dropped the headliner around the microphone, they found the insulation came loose and plugged up the mic. They cleaned it out and it has been good about a month now. The bits would move around and that's why it would kind of work sometimes. When it happened I drove to the dealer and called the SA from the driveway on his cell.
I know this is not an isolated issue just with my car. I called MBUSA requested a buy back. I have no time to argue with a dealership over a car that was made outside of their facility, they sadly become a punching bag for customers, name of the game I guess. This will be my 4th time bringing the car in for the bluetooth. it just doesn't work and waiting for an "update" doesn't work for me either. Let's wait for my checking account to update, when it does I'll pay my bill to the bank. Things would have been much easier if they were still in Montvale NJ-I pass the facility all day everyday. The Georgia office is as slow as peach gobbler traveling through a digestive track, their representative must have went to church when I was finished yesterday with my rant.

Im surprised theres not a fix, really.

Old 09-18-2021, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 298 Likes on 226 Posts
E 300 AMG-Line diesel-Hybrid - 2021
on my 2017 they changed microphones which didn't work
then they changed the whole radio unit which did the trick
Old 09-18-2021, 02:10 PM

Lexus IS
Originally Posted by Egonvdv
on my 2017 they changed microphones which didn't work
then they changed the whole radio unit which did the trick
They had changed the microphones twice for me. not realizing that it was already done (lack of reading services history from their own system). - did not work

Software update was completed- did not work

I suggested change the entire command unit- been told thats not going to happen its a ton of money, the car was also a "ton of money".