E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Mercedes Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2021, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
Exclamation Mercedes Service

Brought my 2020 E350 purchased new in Oct 2020 for a B service this AM. I live in El Paso and have only 1 Dealer... Hoy, the nearest other dealer is well over 200 miles away. This was my first service with Mercedes. I had made the appointment over 1 month ago (today was the earliest time available) I arrived at 7:35 for my 8:00 appointment. I waited 20 minutes before I saw my Service advisor. He told me I should have arrived at my appointment time... My service adviser and I agreed based on my mileage an A Service was more appropriate. I then told him a few nuisance issues I've had over the past year... issues that popped up occasionally but not routinely, like my left rear light staying on after being parked and turned off. So for the A service I was told my car would be ready the next afternoon... yes that's right 1.5 days for essentially an oil change and for that I would only be charged $240. When I asked for a loaner they told me they did not have any, so I would have to wait 1 hour for their shuttle or have someone else pick me up. I'm glad I spent $70K to be treated worst than had I purchased a Hyundai Kia. While waiting for my shuttle I called Mercedes Customer Service... it took over 15 minutes before a representative picked up. I asked for someone to contact me today, was told they will pass the complaint to the District Manager but did not know when they would respond. Before I left the Dealership I asked my Service Advisor to have their Service Manager call me... It's now 2 hours later and nobody has reached out to me. While I hoped to keep this car for many years I really have to consider whether I want to live with this level of service... Doubtful I will use this dealer again except for warranty related work!

Last edited by Dave Flitman; 09-28-2021 at 12:55 PM. Reason: add sentence
Old 09-28-2021, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 818 Likes on 649 Posts
Did you discuss your service needs with a service advisor when you made your appointment? Did you request a loaner when you made your appointment? The reality is that loaners are not guaranteed and unless reserved are given on a first come basis.
Old 09-28-2021, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,490 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
First world problems.
Old 09-28-2021, 01:06 PM

E350
No I talked to the scheduler... this is the first time I brought the car in, thank you for the tip to request a loaner in advance... I have owned 15 new cars various brands over the years, always had the dealership perform maintenance while it was under warranty... have expected to wait a few hours and accept that but not 1.5 days???

Never received a reminder email or text reminder of my appointment... I was not even aware a Service Advisor had been assigned to me.
Old 09-28-2021, 01:09 PM

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe
Find another dealer.
The following users liked this post:
TEAsE550 (09-28-2021)
Old 09-28-2021, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 600 Likes on 455 Posts
2019 E 450, 2016 E350 4matic (retired), 2018 Ford Edge Sport, 2008 Porsche Boxster
My dealer has what is called express service for routine service like the "A" service. You wait less than 2 hours for the service to be done.

see: https://www.rallyemotors.com/service...enz-service-a/

I just had my "B" service done. When I scheduled the service I declined the loaner and said I would wait. I used that time to demo a GLE 450, which I did not like. The entire "B" service including a complimentary car wash was done in 2 1/2 hours.

I agree: either find another dealer or use an independent shop.
Lanzz (09-30-2021)
Old 09-29-2021, 08:49 AM

Received 94 Likes on 71 Posts
MB W213 E300 4MATIC Luxury Model
Originally Posted by Dave Flitman
Brought my 2020 E350 purchased new in Oct 2020 for a B service this AM. I live in El Paso and have only 1 Dealer... Hoy, the nearest other dealer is well over 200 miles away. This was my first service with Mercedes. I had made the appointment over 1 month ago (today was the earliest time available) I arrived at 7:35 for my 8:00 appointment. I waited 20 minutes before I saw my Service advisor. He told me I should have arrived at my appointment time... My service adviser and I agreed based on my mileage an A Service was more appropriate. I then told him a few nuisance issues I've had over the past year... issues that popped up occasionally but not routinely, like my left rear light staying on after being parked and turned off. So for the A service I was told my car would be ready the next afternoon... yes that's right 1.5 days for essentially an oil change and for that I would only be charged $240. When I asked for a loaner they told me they did not have any, so I would have to wait 1 hour for their shuttle or have someone else pick me up. I'm glad I spent $70K to be treated worst than had I purchased a Hyundai Kia. While waiting for my shuttle I called Mercedes Customer Service... it took over 15 minutes before a representative picked up. I asked for someone to contact me today, was told they will pass the complaint to the District Manager but did not know when they would respond. Before I left the Dealership I asked my Service Advisor to have their Service Manager call me... It's now 2 hours later and nobody has reached out to me. While I hoped to keep this car for many years I really have to consider whether I want to live with this level of service... Doubtful I will use this dealer again except for warranty related work!
Sorry you had a bad experience, however I have been driving MB’s now for 20+ years. I have always thought MB’s service is 2nd to none. The loaner cars are generally scheduled for customer ahead of time so I am pretty sure if one was requested when the service appointment was booked one would be available for you. I have even been offered a loaner when I said I would wait and didn’t need one

When I lived in NY I had purchased my G500 in NJ approximately 150 miles away and they would pickup my car and drop off a loaner. On multiple occasions now living in NJ with my E, I have been dropped off at work and my car delivered to me when completed. Since the pandemic, had had my car picked up at home and a loaner left even when I said I didn’t need it. Loaner was just parked in my garage.

MB is very conscientious of their customers time and hence the scheduled time so you are not waiting on another customer to be served by the advisor. The advisor was correct in telling you that you had arrived too early.
Sorry to say so but please don’t blame the dealer for your errors. Hopefully you will request a loaner next time. Good luck

ua549 (09-29-2021)
Old 09-30-2021, 07:23 PM

E450 4Matic
I don't know that I'd be too upset about not getting a loaner I'd never requested. You know they are scheduling out the appointments, so you should know they're scheduling their vehicles as well.
Old 09-30-2021, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,956 Likes on 2,637 Posts
2019 C63CS
Sometimes these complaints are just head scratching frankly. Loaners are a finite resource, especially now with all the shortages. Some dealerships have actually been selling their loaners, because they can't get any cars from the factory. If you didn't schedule a loaner, don't expect one to be available. Same for the service wait time. The service itself will only take a couple of hours, but there are probably several cars still ahead of you. Dealerships are also short staffed at the moment with the pandemic still going on, especially in states with low vaccination rates like yours. As mentioned above, there is the Express service if you wanna wait for the car. Again, you have to schedule things properly. You scheduled your service appointment for drop off and didn't schedule a loaner, and they provided you with exactly what you scheduled.

Last edited by superswiss; 09-30-2021 at 08:15 PM.