Malfunctioning of the easy entry/exit feature

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2021, 05:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz E180 - year 2019
Malfunctioning of the easy entry/exit feature

My car is Mercedes Benz E180 - year 2019:
After spending almost 16 hours in two visits in one of the authorized mercedes benz service center in Alexandria, Egypt (ANA), the Mercedes service team failed to fix the problem which is the malfunctioning of the easy entry/exit feature recommending to get the car for a 3rd. visit to dismantle the driver's chair and to test the cable groups ....

I'm really lost trust on those guys and would not like to continue with them believing the dismantled chair will never return back as original in addition that I believe that the problem is a software issue, I'm not sure whether I'm right or not that is why I need your assistance and guidance.
Old 10-07-2021, 09:07 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2024 Mercedes E450
You did not describe the symptoms. After returning a second time to see why may new 2021 E450 sedan seat moved forward rather than back when using the easy entry/exit function I was told that the proper operation was that the seat would move to be even with the center post to allow easy entry/exit. I did not believe this as the seat had moved back in all my previous vehicles and I thought that the seat moving forward was a malfunction. I registered a complaint with the Mercedes help line and their response was that the seat moving to be even with the center post was correct. My "work around" was to turn off the easy entry/exit function.
Old 10-08-2021, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 222 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 c300 Cab. Arrived 7/28/21 Arriving soon. 24 GLE 450e.
I’m having the easy entry checked on Monday. Steering wheel moves but the seat doesn’t. During the 2 plus months I’ve owned the car, the seat has moved a couple of times.