E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

2018 E43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2021, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E 43 AMG
2018 E43

Hello everyone, I'm new to this which is odd because this is my 3rd mercedes. I have 2018 E43 4 matic, the 63 is my dream car but the 43 will work I guess, I was so excited to pick up this car which has all worn off because I've had nothing but issues with it so far. The issue I'm chasing now is this low-level rattle that only occurs on average acceleration and only happens for a quick second or 2 after switching out of 1st and 2nd gear. It goes away as the RPM increases. I replaced the tensioner because I also get a random rattle when starting the vehicle, which only happens intermittently. The rattle when you start it I can live with, but accelerating out of 1st and 2nd gear, its also significantly worse with increased load, like going up a hill. If you barely accelerate or accelerate super quickly you cant hear it, but normal driving puts it there almost everytime. I dealer just keeps acting like they don't hear it. Does anyone have any ideas? I really got screwed on this car too, it should be within warranty and Mercedes was honoring it for 6 months or so, fixing everything that came up. Then one day I requested another service appt, and they said because the car was originally sold in Canada that it voids any warranty in the U.S despite me still being within 4 years and 50k miles. The car only has 39k and this has been going on since I got it at 17k miles. Please any assistance would help! I seen quite a bit on this website already, possible waste gate flutter? Potential butterfly flaps in the exhaust?
Old 11-19-2021, 06:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,453 Likes on 2,088 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Sorry to hear about these issues and your experience with the car so far, if you can please upload some videos to help us better diagnose the problem.
Old 11-22-2021, 12:33 PM
SPONSOR

Received 239 Likes on 184 Posts
2001 E55AMG
Originally Posted by Justin.Critch
Hello everyone, I'm new to this which is odd because this is my 3rd mercedes. I have 2018 E43 4 matic, the 63 is my dream car but the 43 will work I guess, I was so excited to pick up this car which has all worn off because I've had nothing but issues with it so far. The issue I'm chasing now is this low-level rattle that only occurs on average acceleration and only happens for a quick second or 2 after switching out of 1st and 2nd gear. It goes away as the RPM increases. I replaced the tensioner because I also get a random rattle when starting the vehicle, which only happens intermittently. The rattle when you start it I can live with, but accelerating out of 1st and 2nd gear, its also significantly worse with increased load, like going up a hill. If you barely accelerate or accelerate super quickly you cant hear it, but normal driving puts it there almost everytime. I dealer just keeps acting like they don't hear it. Does anyone have any ideas? I really got screwed on this car too, it should be within warranty and Mercedes was honoring it for 6 months or so, fixing everything that came up. Then one day I requested another service appt, and they said because the car was originally sold in Canada that it voids any warranty in the U.S despite me still being within 4 years and 50k miles. The car only has 39k and this has been going on since I got it at 17k miles. Please any assistance would help! I seen quite a bit on this website already, possible waste gate flutter? Potential butterfly flaps in the exhaust?
Could your car be a 2017, 2018 model year? I could see that being the reason they have stopped warranty work all of a sudden. As far as rattle goes, where in the vehicle does it sound like it is coming from? front, mid, rear, left, right?

If you're interested in a warranty, I've got you at $3,685 for a complete manufactures extension through Freedom Warranty, 5 years / up to 100k miles, $100 deductible, accepted at all Mercedes Benz dealer's in North America. Shoot me an email at tgibson@highline-autos.com for an example contract.