Command 05.80 CarPlay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2021, 03:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e220D 2016 w213
Question Command 05.80 CarPlay

Greetings fella’s.

Have questions that does not let me sleep at nights.
Im I only one who’s call button on the steering wheel after updating COMMAND to 05.80 on E220D W213 2016 with Widescreen lost its function while connected to CarPlay?

What I meant was - while phone is connected via bluetooth when one pressing the call button, opens recently dailed phone number list and with second press of same button car starts to dial last called number.
When phone is connected via usb and CarPlay is active, call button on steering wheel does nothing until you first press phone button from the centre dashboard and only then steering wheel call button works..

This wasn’t like that before SW update..
Is the 05.80 still the latest FW?
Has anyone noticed similar behaviour or is this single case?
Old 01-06-2022, 10:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w213
Originally Posted by firesphynx
Greetings fella’s.

Have questions that does not let me sleep at nights.
Im I only one who’s call button on the steering wheel after updating COMMAND to 05.80 on E220D W213 2016 with Widescreen lost its function while connected to CarPlay?

What I meant was - while phone is connected via bluetooth when one pressing the call button, opens recently dailed phone number list and with second press of same button car starts to dial last called number.
When phone is connected via usb and CarPlay is active, call button on steering wheel does nothing until you first press phone button from the centre dashboard and only then steering wheel call button works..

This wasn’t like that before SW update..
Is the 05.80 still the latest FW?
Has anyone noticed similar behaviour or is this single case?

something similar happened to me. Carplay would
black out randomly during drives so they performed a major software update. (My car hadn’t been updated since 2017). One thing i notice immediately is the navigation button opens up regular nav instead of waze like before. Media opens “media options” instead of Spotify in carplay… weird but the update definitely did this!
Old 01-07-2022, 06:26 AM

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts
W213 220d from 2016
To my knowledge(and experience) the 5.80 updates makes for buttons working with mb interface, unless you are inside apple carplay.

it also lets them run at the same time… previously all mercedes options/buttons would be only for apple carplay if you had your phone connected with usb.

but somethings will only be through apple carplay if its active, like making a call or doing a text.