E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

display weather or a slideshow in center screen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2022, 01:09 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E300
Question display weather or a slideshow in center screen

I'd like to know if there is a way to display the weather at various places and home, or a slide show in the center screen... or rather, what all can be done with the center screen so that 'long' drives are not that boring. I have bumped at some videos in youtube on video in motion (OBD hack), but i am not much interested in that as it puts safety into a question... a changing slideshow at say 1 minute or so intervals with family or other photos will be wonderful.. or a fireplace like look... please let me know your views, thoughts and customizations!!
Old 01-04-2022, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 222 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 c300 Cab. Arrived 7/28/21 Arriving soon. 24 GLE 450e.
Originally Posted by ram0201
I'd like to know if there is a way to display the weather at various places and home, or a slide show in the center screen... or rather, what all can be done with the center screen so that 'long' drives are not that boring. I have bumped at some videos in youtube on video in motion (OBD hack), but i am not much interested in that as it puts safety into a question... a changing slideshow at say 1 minute or so intervals with family or other photos will be wonderful.. or a fireplace like look... please let me know your views, thoughts and customizations!!
Simply my opinion but, I would suggest looking at the road while driving. The scenery is always changing.
The following users liked this post:
The_Judge (01-05-2022)
Old 01-04-2022, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,751 Likes on 1,121 Posts
2016 E350 Sport
In my 2016 W212, there is a "Picture Viewer" function available, in which you can display a "slide show" of a catalog of personal photos you compile on a media card (USB) or SD card. (Page 203 of Comand Manual). You can make a slide show as large as you like (number of photos), and Comand will cycle through them at random. Perhaps the W213 has the same/similar function?

Within "media", try looking under Search, then "Photos" at the bottom... I'm curious to learn if W213 has this W212 feature so let us know...

Last edited by DFWdude; 01-05-2022 at 07:34 PM.
Old 01-05-2022, 03:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E400d 4Matic AMG Line Premium Plus 9G-Tronic WHITE (W213) 2019
search fleabay for

"W213 Child Seat Isofix Cover Trim Cap Genuine"

Old 01-05-2022, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,751 Likes on 1,121 Posts
2016 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by CLKThreeTwenty
search fleabay for

"W213 Child Seat Isofix Cover Trim Cap Genuine"

Wrong reply for this thread. Try the ISOFIX thread elsewhere on this forum.
Old 01-05-2022, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,817 Likes on 2,551 Posts
2019 C63CS
COMAND/MBUX can play MPEG, MP4 etc., so if you have a movie of a fire place you could play it, but w/o the VIM hack the video image will be hidden above 3 mph. Similarly you could create a slideshow of whatever you want and turn it into a movie file and then play it. Weather can be overlaid over the map and is displayed at certain zoom levels, but not quite what you are asking for. I have to say, though, I was never this bored with driving, and I can and have driven up to 12 hours in a day, that I would want to watch an artificial fire place, picture slideshow and especially not the weather forecast over and over again from different places around the world. Passengers might be more bored, but you could offer them the WiFi hotspot, so they could stream movies to their iPad for example or watch something from their library on the device itself.
Old 01-06-2022, 03:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E400d 4Matic AMG Line Premium Plus 9G-Tronic WHITE (W213) 2019
oops! thanks

Trending Topics

Old 01-06-2022, 08:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 223 Posts
E 300 AMG-Line diesel-Hybrid - 2021
I'd like to see the split screen in MBUX, like i had in Comand
such a big screen, but it only shows one thing at the time.
in comand i always had the GPS on one side ...
Old 01-06-2022, 04:59 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E300
Originally Posted by superswiss
COMAND/MBUX can play MPEG, MP4 etc., so if you have a movie of a fire place you could play it, but w/o the VIM hack the video image will be hidden above 3 mph. Similarly you could create a slideshow of whatever you want and turn it into a movie file and then play it. Weather can be overlaid over the map and is displayed at certain zoom levels, but not quite what you are asking for. I have to say, though, I was never this bored with driving, and I can and have driven up to 12 hours in a day, that I would want to watch an artificial fire place, picture slideshow and especially not the weather forecast over and over again from different places around the world. Passengers might be more bored, but you could offer them the WiFi hotspot, so they could stream movies to their iPad for example or watch something from their library on the device itself.
yea, i was looking at these options for the passengers.. slideshow would be nice... it seems like previous models supported it.. I tried looking at Carstream app for android, and some iphone app to actually stream videos, but did not work... the android almost worked, but as there is no touchscreen, it did not function right...

also, i hate the android integration with so much space used for showing "android auto"!!