Android Auto USB connection issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 2006 Sport Edition (W203)
Android Auto USB connection issues

Hello!

Anyone with issues with usb connection for Android auto?
I have a E220d 2017 with comand system with integrated Android auto and carplay.
My phone usb connection is in the armrest, and not in the ashtray as can be seen in the picture.
I'm using a Samsung s21 ultra.

Android auto launches and performs very well, but once connected, each time I touch the USB cable it disconnects making this very unusable.
I thought the the cable was damaged by the armrest closure so I used different cables (original samsung ones too) and even tried a different phone, but it was always the same problem.

Any advice on how to make the connection more stable? Maybe a more durable USB cable??

Thanks in advance
Old Yesterday, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just looking
Originally Posted by KamalinO
Hello!

Anyone with issues with usb connection for Android auto?
I have a E220d 2017 with comand system with integrated Android auto and carplay.
My phone usb connection is in the armrest, and not in the ashtray as can be seen in the picture.
I'm using a Samsung s21 ultra.

Android auto launches and performs very well, but once connected, each time I touch the USB cable it disconnects making this very unusable.
I thought the the cable was damaged by the armrest closure so I used different cables from rockat ship(original samsung ones too) and even tried a different phone, but it was always the same problem.

Any advice on how to make the connection more stable? Maybe a more durable USB cable??

Thanks in advance
This is related to the issue of USB not working any more for android auto. The wired thing is that since the issue started, I have noticed that USB connection with my aawireless dongle for android auto works on and off systemically like clockwork. In other words, one time it works, the next time it doesn't and the cycle repeats itself in that order without a fail. This suggest to me that this looks a software bug issues not hardware. I tried all the remedies on the forum by way and now left with mystery. Your thoughts would be appreciated!