E400 parts identification help needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2022, 05:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E400
E400 parts identification help needed

Hello Everyone:

I just acquired a 2018 E400 4Matic M276 that was a theft recovery. The thieves took it for a joy ride and must have run over something on the front passenger side damaging the cooling system, fender liner, splash guard, front bumper, etc., so I need to figure out how to repair it.

My last car was a 2006 BMW 330CI ZHP with the M54 straight six, which I did all my own work on, so I'm pretty capable, but self-trained, so I relied pretty heavily on realoem to guide me in repairs. I don't know if its just me, but I am finding MB parts catalog and diagrams to be extremely confusing, so any help will be appreciated.

I have been able to ID that I need to replace the passenger front wheel liner (front half) and the auxiliary water pump (side outlet snapped off). All pictures are taken either standing over the front passenger side of the vehicle looking down, or from under the car with my head resting against the passenger front tire.

Here is what I am having trouble with:

1. Cooling system - An approximately 1" OD hose that tees off of the top of an approximately 1.5" OD hose which runs from the lower passenger side of the radiator to what appears to be the engine block. The hose runs in front of the main coolant reservoir and still has a squeeze clamp on the end of it, but I have been unable to determine what parts are missing or where the hose should be connected. See pics 1A-1C.

2. Unidentified hose (hot water?) - An approximately 5/8" OD hose that is connected to an approximately 1/4" water line (as identified by the number written on the casing). The hose still has the squeeze clamp on it but I have been unable to determine what parts are missing or where the hose should be connected. See pics 2A-2B.

3. Unidentified hose - An approximately 1" OD hose that comes off the left side of a "T" (the hose appears to be cut), which is connected to a hose of the same size that continues under the secondary coolant expansion reservoir (it is secured there) and then converts to an approximately 3/8" to 1/2" aluminum line that snakes back to the engine (I can't see exactly where). The hose that connects off the "T" appears to go through the fender wall but I lose it after that. See pics 3A-3B.

4. Unidentified electrical - Two wires hanging from a bundle. Wires appear to be brown and blue with a white stripe or white with a blue stripe. Follows a bundle that goes up to the battery compartment, but I lose it after that - All of the parking sensors and connections for the auxiliary water pump are intact.. See pics 4A-4B.

Thanks and I'm looking forward to getting started!

1A

1B

1C

2A

2B

3A

3B

4A

4B
The following users liked this post:
Lanzz (02-21-2022)
Old 02-21-2022, 06:59 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 S213, 2011 Mazda 2, 2021 TW200
DM me the VIN and I should have some spare time today to look up part numbers

edit:
it looks like the entire circulation pump is missing from the pictures you sent. Still looking for the wiring but I think this is what your looking for.
not a definitive list but maybe points you in the right direction

380 - HOSE LINE - A 253 830 88 01
50 - HOSE LINE - A 213 830 85 00 if heated washer nozzles, otherwise A 213 830 84 00
10 - CIRCULATION PUMP - A 204 835 03 64

Last edited by oldzac; 02-21-2022 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Prelim research