E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Problem with transmission

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2024, 07:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLE43
Originally Posted by ekibec
yes, for that issue in MB dealership they told me that replace will cost 9000€..
Omg it's sooo funny 3 years ago they also wanted to replace coolant thermostat on my car and they said my coolant thermostat have the hole in it but also i can drove my car normally and that i can make 1000km before i come back to replace.. i thought if i need replace the coolant how can you tell me how many kilometers i can make with car? I didint replace coolant thermostat and my car it's still working.
We all need to stay away from MB Dealerships.
Old 04-28-2024, 10:38 AM

GLE43
I wanted to provide an update on the fix. The mechanic successfully repaired my car by replacing the valve body of the transmission. Apparently, all the electrical components, including the transmission control unit/module, are housed within that valve body. It's unclear what caused the module to malfunction. After inspecting the fluid and interior of the transmission, no dirt or metal shavings were found. The total cost came to $3k, which included replacing the main battery.
The following users liked this post:
S Naqvi (04-30-2024)
Old 04-30-2024, 03:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
@iviax Did you have this repair done at MB dealership?
Old 04-30-2024, 06:14 PM

E350
What did cost you to make the final repair?
Old 04-30-2024, 08:27 PM

GLE43
Originally Posted by S Naqvi
@iviax Did you have this repair done at MB dealership?
No, I didn't. The MB dealership has consistently overcharged me. Instead, I opt for an independent mechanic who specializes in MB repairs to handle the job. I would suggest doing the same.
What did cost you to make the final repair?
My final cost was $3000. That also include a battery replacement. So the actual repair for the issue was less than $3k.
Old 04-30-2024, 08:31 PM

E350
Originally Posted by iviax
No, I didn't. The MB dealership has consistently overcharged me. Instead, I opt for an independent mechanic who specializes in MB repairs to handle the job. I would suggest doing the same.

My final cost was $3000. That also include a battery replacement. So the actual repair for the issue was less than $3k.
MB won't sell them the valve body because it's an anti theft part. Sigh.. I got dealership to go from 5500 to 4000. But I can't find any independent MB shop in my area.

​​​​​No transmission issues after the repair?

Old 04-30-2024, 08:43 PM

GLE43
MB won't sell them the valve body because it's an anti theft part. Sigh.. I got dealership to go from 5500 to 4000. But I can't find any independent MB shop in my area.

​​​​​No transmission issues after the repair?
That's correct, buying those parts will need your ID and registration. Certain mechanics have access to those parts, along with the ability to download transmission programs directly from Mercedes after replacing the valve body. They typically pay an annual fee for this access. If you google search for mechanics in your area specializing in Mercedes-Benz cars, you may come across these authorized professionals. Call them and find out!
And the transmission works very well after the repair.

Last edited by iviax; 04-30-2024 at 08:45 PM.
Old 04-30-2024, 08:56 PM

E350
Originally Posted by iviax
That's correct, buying those parts will need your ID and registration. Certain mechanics have access to those parts, along with the ability to download transmission programs directly from Mercedes after replacing the valve body. They typically pay an annual fee for this access. If you google search for mechanics in your area specializing in Mercedes-Benz cars, you may come across these authorized professionals. Call them and find out!
And the transmission works very well after the repair.
Thanks!
​​​​​​