E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Paked in wierd angle .. would it damage my car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2022, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w213
Exclamation Paked in wierd angle .. would it damage my car?

Hi guys,

I recently purchased a w213 plugin hybrid and I parked in a very wierd angle where one tyre (left rear) was about 8-9 inches off the ground and the others were level on the ground...while parking the front tyre (right side front tyre) had to go above a speed bump as well, While reversing above the front speed bumper since the left rear wheel was already above the ground by around 8-9 inches I felt the car getting light..I now assume the rear wheel on the right side was being stressed and could have possibly lifted off the ground briefly.. neverthless I was stupid and I kept continuing to reverse and I finally parked , Noticed the right side suspension (especially the rear right side) being highly extended due to the angle on the left side... I had to do this to charge my car due to there being a heavy fuel shortage in the country I'm in and the other charging stations were occupied already ... Finally 3-4 hours later when I drove off I heard a large squealing sound ... I'm just wondering if this did any damage to the vehicle?

What steps should I take from here? Personally I love the vehicle and I hope I my carelessness didn't do any damage... I'm super stressed right now

Appreciate all the help
Old 07-04-2022, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 209 Posts
2019 E300
Probably no damage done, if you are worry, have a mechanic put the car on a lift and inspect the suspension and the under side.
The following users liked this post:
aj2828 (07-05-2022)
Old 07-06-2022, 07:03 AM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
E220d
I put my hand in fire, that what you have done would not do any damage.
The squealing sound I would put down to air coming out of the suspension, while levelling out with the other side (if you do have an air suspension).

Same thing like..... you have a puncture, you jack the car up and leave it there for 4 hour (for what ever reason you leave it there that long , for those who wants to pick on that ). This will not damage the suspension.

If you have no squeaking sounds or strange driving behaviour, your car is an OK.