Dashcam - "Function Unavailable"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2022, 08:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W213 E-350 4Matic, 2021
Exclamation Dashcam - "Function Unavailable"

Hello!
My Dashcam has been working fine... well, off and on, mostly on, on my road-trips. I have to manually start it, meaning, I have to manually put it into Recording mode, (yes, it bugs me, but I have been living with it) every time I start the car. Additionally, until the car is in Drive, the Function is not available for Recording. But once the car has rolled a couple of yards, the Dashcam can be put into Recording mode. My Dashcam has been recording files on my USB stick(s). I have 2 USB sticks and the Dashcam has recorded files on both sticks. Now, since the past 10 days, the off and on working of the Dashcam has mostly been off and never on!!!! I have no clue what happened. Both my USB sticks (thumb drives) have ample space on them. I can play media off them in the car (or take them to my PC) and search and browse and play various files, but when I put them back into the car's usb slots and then try to start the Dashcam, I get "Function Unavailable" message all through my trip. My Augmented Reality during navigation works without a problem.
What could I be doing at this point?
Thanks!

Last edited by prishi@yahoo.co; 08-08-2022 at 08:58 PM.
Old 08-09-2022, 11:23 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Take it in for warranty repair, reference attached bulletin to confirm software is current.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
LI82.85-P-073387_Ver_4.pdf (41.6 KB, 176 views)
The following users liked this post:
prishi@yahoo.co (08-10-2022)
Old 08-10-2022, 08:58 AM

W213 E-350 4Matic, 2021
@konigstiger Thank you for the bulletin. Shall follow up.
Old 08-25-2022, 10:53 AM

W213 E-350 4Matic, 2021
Fixed itself!

My Dashcam "Function Unavailable" got fixed itself. .

What changed was that I removed the USB sticks and moved Music to one USB and Recordings folder to the other USB. I did not format any USBs (to see if the car complained), When I went to the car and inserted the 2 USBs in 2 slots, and started the car and put into drive, the Dashcam started Recording. The car does not know the Music/Recordings Folders. If I had one single USB, it would have still begun the Dashcam recordings (if it were in the mood!!). I think the UX sees all the storage as one big blob available to it since when I had music on 2 usbs, it would offer all available mp3 files for being played and just create a "Recordings" folder on one of the USB sticks. (My PC at home is a Windows machine.)