E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Air Fragrance Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2022, 01:29 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
E300
Air Fragrance Upgrade

I ordered the air fragrance upgrade kit. After 8 hours of work I finally got it installed, sort of.

What I could not find specific to the W213 (2019 E300 4Matic) was where to connect the tube. The one video I found said it was located "under the center speaker" but the picture in the video did not reflect what my car looked like.

Another issue I had was the wiring. The red power wire and the brown ground were easy of course. The other two wires on the harness (Green labeled LIN) and a blue one. I thought I connected those correctly according to a combination of videos I found. BUT

The unit powers up. The menu system allows me to turn on ionization but when I attempt to turn on the fragrance, once I choose a level (Low/Med/High) after 1 or 2 seconds, it goes back to "off."

I have searched the forums here and cannot seem to find the answer to these specific questions. So any help in answering the questions, or someone with better search skills than me, would be greatly appreciated. In summary:

Where is the connection point for the hose system?
What is the wiring connections for the harness that comes with the system?

Once again, thank you!

PS - I know I will need to remove the passenger trim again. Do I have to remove the center counsel also (the part with the controls/cup holder/etc)? Based on one video I watched, I thought I did, but as I was working, I did not really see the need for it? Granted, that was one of the easier parts to remove, but if it is not needed, I don't want to risk screwing something up!

Last edited by DrJonesLaw; 10-01-2022 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-26-2022, 12:02 PM

Received 120 Likes on 97 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe
You have a 2109 E-Class? Does it fly?

My idea of upgrading the smell-o-matic "feature" is to remove the bottle of perfume and toss it in the trash.
The following users liked this post:
Kejad (09-26-2022)
Old 09-26-2022, 12:06 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
E300
Originally Posted by The_Judge
You have a 2109 E-Class? Does it fly?

My idea of upgrading the smell-o-matic "feature" is to remove the bottle of perfume and toss it in the trash.
Thanks for the insight.