E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Water flowing gargurling sound behind dash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2023, 08:57 PM

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts
e300
Water flowing gargurling sound behind dash

I just got my coolant serviced at the dealer 200 miles ago. I go of town and surly something to has go off with out a hitch. My drive up was fine no problems. But when I left we got alot of snow. My car was outside covered in snow. I begin driving and about 15 mins in, I hear a gargaling, wooshing, water flowing sound behind my dash. So naturally assume the dealer screwed something up. Either got air in the system or didnt put enough coolant. It lasted hours! My drive home was me hoping I can even get home. Well....the sound went away......i tried going for a short drive, a long drive....nothing. It wont come back. What the heck happend? Should I let sleeping dogs lay? Was it a wierd fluke of bad weather that freaked my car out? Im happy it went away and hope it doesnt come back. But I want to know why my car was making that noise. Anyone have this happen to them before?
Old 01-31-2023, 08:54 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,052 Likes on 973 Posts
1999 E300TD
who gas drive back to the dealer and have them correct the issue
Old 01-31-2023, 09:36 AM

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts
e300
Originally Posted by Plutoe
who gas drive back to the dealer and have them correct the issue
It’s two things, I can’t re-create the issue for them to diagnose. I’m sure they can run some tests but I’d rather have a smoking gun for them to figure out exactly what it is. Second is, it could have been a weird one off issue because of the weather. To add, my sensor alert was popping up as I was driving. So maybe some sensors were tripped up because of the weather and caused the sound?

And lastly the sound went away. It might not be gone for ever but if it comes back I’ll definitely bring it in.